• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Smoke

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zonie said:
YES, AND NO.
It really isn't the smoke that causes the Global Warming but it is closely related.

The "warming" is actually caused by the HUGE FLAME that comes out of the barrel. If you don't believe me, fire off your trusty muzzleloader at night for some real impressive fireworks! :grin:

And don't fire them near a bale of hay or you will experience some local warming, good thing I had to pee... :rotf:

As for global warming, IF you could never get black powder any more, it will make billions of people world wide hot under the collar.

My brother came up with quite an observation about Global Warming. It seems that the closer one moves towards the Equator, the warmer it gets. Hence, if you live in the North (say PA or even New England) and you move to Florida, it gets warmer. I have to believe him...he's a scientist (and has a card to prove it).

I've been thinking (always a dangerous activity).
All the dark particulates in black powder smoke can block sunlight, so if less sunlight reaches the surface of the Earth the Earth will cool. Thus shooting black powder is a solution to global warming! :grin:

:hmm: I like the way you think Squirrel Tail we must all do our part to corral that GW manure- So Shoooot More BP!!! :bull:
Dusty :thumbsup:

maybe we could just have a nice quick nuclear war before the global warming gets too bad.

wait, nevermind.. the scientists who caused the nuclear winter panic later retracted their statements when someone pointed out that Mt St Helens blew with more explosive power than the entire nuclear arsenal at the time, and the world wasn't plunged into decades of deep freeze and darkness...

I"ll tell you what,since you folks feel bad about the global warming thing,you all just send me some money and I will plant some trees (hence carbon credits) on your behalf. Then you all will feel better that you did your part to right a wrong. And for an added donation I will buy some GAS X and reduce my greenhouse affect. I know, I know no need to thank me Al and myself just care. Oh I did I tell ya about this bridge I have for sale. :rotf:

The scaey part of all this is that they are seriously trying to figure out how to tax for COWS and the gas they emit.! Stop the bus I want off.

You mean ta tell me they have those STINKIN Busses in Ioway! You shud be shmed a yoh selph. No dang wonder we got all these here problems. OH, by the way we have had the coldest and more snow than the cows can get through this winter. I wonder what this summer brings, highs in the 50s maybe.
Dusty :doh: :v: :stir:

Latest posts

Back