• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blondie update

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtman725

The Last Best place, MT
Reaction score
So after a very busy hunting season,with the holidays gone, back to work finishing stalling the L & R LOCK, on Blondie which is a CVA 50 re-bored by R.H to 54, that I've been bring back from the grave. I finished in-letting and everything working as it should, how to do a little glassing inside the lock area just to add some strength to the areas that I removed wood. Then out to the range with her. I learned a lot, the L & R lock is much better made,and should make a big difference. Going to leave it grey like the contrast.

Mtman725

Isn't that what in the White means ? That is a question not a remark. If so I've heard of many rifles being delivered to the CW time gov. in the white....IMO it would take a bit more wiping down ,and nowdays we have excellent protectant oils and coatings. If it were ME I'd leave it in the White just for the Novelty.....After all the only one you have to please is YOU. Be Safe>>>>>>>>>>>Wally

I am AR about clean the firearms. Browning a few this how. We'll see.

Keep it oiled and clean. The metal will develop a gray patina and won't be any more prone to rusting than if it were blued or browned. Well, bluing and browning are a controlled form of rusting.
That's what I was thinking, should have a nice look to it with some shooting an age.

Just finished glassing in the lock, so as to show a minima amount when looking at it, also plugged the trigger guard screw hole's with tooth picks,they were loose, real liking that Tight Bond II wood glue. Browning the trigger guard & screws with TOW Tried & True trigger guard came out nice. screws are taking a bit.

Back