• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blue Ridge vs Frontier?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiterabbit88

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Okay, Okay, I know this has probably asked here a thousand times, but I need to ask one-more-time :wink: :wink: (and yeah, I did do a search...)

Is there a difference between the Cabelas Blue Ridge and the Pedersoli Frontier Rifle?

They sure look the same, and all the info I can come up with is casual comments on how they are the same gun...

However; there seems to be a BIG price difference (like $200! thats about :shocked2: 30% :shocked2: ) between the two. Though I am brand new to muzzleloaders, I am decidedly NOT a newbie when it comes to firearms in general, and I have noticed that (usually) when it comes to firearms YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. So that 30% price difference makes me think that there has GOT to be some kind of difference?

any comments?
and thanks all!! :bow: :bow:

When you get what you pay for sometimes what you get is the name! I often find the same guns priced differently just because of who is selling them. I have the blue ridge ( I think- I got it several years back and don't remember the details other than it is flint made by pedroseli and sold by cabelos. It must be oldtimers disease) and like the way it handles.

I live in Europe and bought a Pedersoli Frontier from a local Pedersoli dealer ... There are different prices. Depends on the fact of you wanting a top quality stock in mapple with a patch box, or without the patch box, and finaly you can buy the same gun with 'ordinary' wood, with or without the patch box ...
:hatsoff:

It also depends on where you shop. I find Cherry's has some of the best prices on new Pedersoli guns, and they're very close to Cabelas. http://www.cherrys.com/ped_rif1.htm

I don't often buy new guns, though...just too many used ones out there looking for a good home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stumpkiller said:
Mike Brooks said:
I wouldn't buy either one.

I was goint to zap this and say "Don't get snarky".

But he did ask for any comments. :wink:
Honest opinion on my part with no snarkyness. There are far better guns out there for less money. :v

A few years back when they were (in my opinion) a bit more reasonably priced, I ordered a Blue Ridge from Cabela's.

The box it came in said "Frontier," so I always assumed they were the very same rifle.

Spot

widget350 said:
I don't often buy new guns, though...just too many used ones out there looking for a good home.

Widget, you have any good online resources for used muzzleloaders?

One of my guns was purchased by way of the source Zonie posted. The others I won't reveal on here, but I sent you a pm (though it doesn't take much searching to find them).

Zonie said:
Yes!

I know of a real good online place that offers some nice muzzleloaders for sale.

LOL :redface: :redface: yes, that is a good link/resource. thanks

and Widget. thanks for the suggestions. ill check em out.

I bought a Pedersoli frontier from Cherry's a couple of weeks ago On sale for $499. Typical Pedersoli quality. I don't know about the others but this a nice gun.

Hi! In my life experences I have found that when you find somthing that looks the same and has the same ingredients, But there is A above normal explainable reason for A price difference. There is A reason.And most of the time the name brand is better than the copy.The copy item has found some way to cheepen the item.Take medicine for example.name brand V off brand.same size,Qt,ingredients Exct. Must be the same, (wrong)The ingredients are the same except for the Quality of the ingredients are defferent.Just my two cents.wolverinetrapper

Latest posts

Back