• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

books!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've read about the Mountain Men for 30 years and enjoyed every book I've bought and read. I've visited many, many of the historic sites and trod a lot of the same ground as the legends of that era and for a few years lived "right amongst it"! It's time for a new field of study. I know there are a lot of you who are well versed in the "Old Northwest". What I'd like to start studying is that period of time from right after the Revolution up until about 1820. Generally books about the exploration and settlement of Kentucky, Tennessee, those parts of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois that border on the Ohio River and the exploration and settlement of Missouri in particular. I've read the historical novel "That Dark and Bloody River"....anyone who thinks it didn't get ugly til we crossed the Mississippi oughta read that one! I have a few good biographies on Boone and they cover well his part in the period......but there's a lot more out there!

Any suggestions or recommendations of titles and
authors?

Vic

There's a pretty good downloadable library on the AAM site. I have most of those books but I'm scarffing up those I don't have.

Also one can go to the Internet Public Library, they have 10's of thousands of downloadable books for free.

Sharps,I received a book for a Christmas present this year and started it the other night. The Hornets Nest, by former president Jimmy Carter. It

Latest posts

Back