• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Boring!!! Bavarian county authority doesn't believe in ML

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

wanted to have a renewal of my bp permission and told the authority my need is ML hunting. Even if it is not forbidden by german hunting law (we discussed that already) the guy said NO! BP for hunting is no legal need for a bp permission. With ML it is not possible to get game deerlike and with cleankills. ML don't have the ability for a hunting rifle. So I wrote to the next higher authority. Still waiting. I told them what you guys all do there and how many deers are harvested with ML here in USA and told them to have a look in Sam Fadalas Manuals and read the ballistic testings. So we'll see.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I wish you the best. Sometimes officials are in a world of their own and have no idea of how things work outside of their own viewpoint.

Hopefully members here will be submit photographs of game taken with muzzleloaders to convince that person of the efficacy of them in the field.

so how did the German hunters of yore kill all those boars, bears, and stags with Jaeger rifles if they are so inadequate? keep the faith.

The guy is as silly as all others who have no relations with ML. He only see this old rifle and that it is loaded from the muzzle with lead RB. That is enough for him to find it won't work for hunting, but only why he thinks he couldn't hunt with it. Furthermore there is many idealogy in it.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I gather that you need to have a license for your muzzleloading firearm and have to state a reason for owning it such as target shooting, hunting, collecting, etc.

What if you state your need is target shooting. Can you still hunt with it?

You only need a licence to get bp. This is possible as target shooter or hunter. The law says nothing about special needs, you only have to show a need in general, that can be varoius. All sidelocks are free in Germany for person of 18. For huntung you need a hunting licence.

The prob is that the guy has no idea about ML hunting and that he provbably didn't like it.But then it is his duty to check ballistics etc. and get knowledge about the case and not saying in general NO!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirmeister--ARREST HIM FOR IMPEDING AN OFFICER OF THE LAW :wink: :grin: --cheers zodd

Always the same stuff here in Germany. I hope I will get my H1B-Visa next year and then Germany is over for me. I never want to come back again and live there. As a former German military officer I know how stupid our laws are. We are just subjects, not citizens. If you need a contact about hunting with ML guns,let me know. I did it the last 7 years in TN and IN. My main interest is bowhunting,but some smokepole hunting is fun,too.
I am not a member of a club and I have no german hunting license. I still got my bp license, because I argued I need it to sight in my hunting rifles for the US.I could prove it with kill photos. The last license I got in RP.I only have to write them a letter any 6 month and state if I bought powder and where I practise. Usually it is a club nearby, and I just tell them that I signed into the club`s shooting book.
Since I left the Army I moved back to BW. My license is still good until summer of 2010 but I hope I have left the country until then. :grin: :thumbsup:
In the US I feel like a citizen, not like a subject!!!

Get a copy of flintlocks and whitetails.
At least a couple of the deer drop instantly, as in not one single step. Straight down to the ground as fast as gravity can get them there. Watch it a couple of times yourself for entetainment then forward to the people you are trying to show that BP does work.
http://www.beckumoutdoors.com/

PJC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the whitetails in NY do not share his narrow-minded opinion of muzzleloaders or the humble round lead ball. 200# bucks are "good size" but not uncommon. For 400 years or so it was good enough for hunting and wars, and if you check just across the English Channel there may be some residual opinions on how well it works in the hands of a determined rifleman.

Certainly it has limitations. You just have to be willing to accept the challenge and have enough taotence or skill to get the game in range.

Bureaurcrats have very narrow minds. I sympathize with your loss of opportunity to hunt.

You could set up a demonstration and offer to shoot him free of charge! :hatsoff:

Back