• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Ramrods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great tutorial, even though the pics no longer come up!

Where do you get the brass tube stock?

marmotslayer said:
That's a great tutorial, even though the pics no longer come up!

Where do you get the brass tube stock?

Thanks for the notice, I'll update the links later on. I get my stock at a really good stocked hardware store, THE best around the Boston area.

9mm is .3543 of an inch. For my use on the range brass is fine but it will add about a half pound to your rifle and shift the balance point forward a couple of inches. I prefer wood for hunting purposes.

i broke my wodden ramrod after 10th load, made pure copper one. it is heavy, bends easy, aint red no more, black powder made it realy black. its 8mm should be 9mm, with some hammering it fits nice on a gun.

It doesn't add weight if you use tubular brass like I posted earlier. It is available at Ace Hardware stores in lots of sizes. If you have the hankering for a brass ramrod, go for it.

Back