• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Breach plug for TC hawkin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronco67

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Can you buy a breach plug for a TC Hawkin? Have been told they don't sell them separately. RSapp

Thanks for info--also have contact info for Thompson Center.

We have your nemasis(spelling) buried in Cody, Wyo. A real interesting fellow. RSapp

Yes you can,,many after market folks offer them,,but a new breech plug needs to be fitted proper buy a good smith. They don't just screw in!

Why do you want a new breech? nipp threads stripped?

T/C offers "Lifetime" warrenty,,why not just send it in and have T/C fix it??

well now, you try ta get a hold of a feller on this very site,goes by the handle "roundball". He knows them T/C fellers good and he'd be the best ta give ya advise fer them gun's and warrenty work.
You go ahead and hunt'im down,,send a PM,,tell'im "tacks" sent ya,,,Bill is the go-to man fer T/C stuff. With all respect,,he know's them T/C's,,,and Fox River folk's on a first name basis.

luck too ya,best wishes

p.s. Is the PP&L still got it's dam just east of Glenrock?

Sumtacks--I'll try and get in touch with him.

PP&L's power plant is alive and well and shurnin out the power. I retired from Glenrock Coal in 97 and they closed the mine down in 98. Still doing reclamation. For another year maybe. The plant is now getting it's coal from the Powder River Basin.

T/C sold them years ago (1976) as a set with the tang for $12.00. They came in two threads sizes and were different for percussion and flintlock.

Back