• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brech plug alignment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator_2

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I had a barrel built for me and the gentleman that built it screwed in the breech plug as well. It is for a TC Seneca with a hooked breech plug. It appears the plug is screwed in just a little too tight because the flats of the barrel don't line up with the flats of the breech plug. When I say a "little", I mean you can barely see the flats don't line up by maybe a degree or two at the most. Before I start finish filing the barrel and breech plug, I would like to unscrew it slightly to get it to line up. Does anyone think that will give me a problem or will I still have a tight fit. Also, does it even matter? How much does the hooked tang align the barrel anyway? Isn't it the barrel channel of the stock that keeps the barrel level? Hank

Latest posts

Back