• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Breech brush

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemeteor

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got bored today and needed to do something in the shop.
Been worrying about BP fouling around the margins of my breechplug face (don't we all ? :youcrazy:),
so figured I'd make a brush for it.
I don't think the regular metal bore brushed gets to those corner edges around the breech face.

Cut up a 30-06 case, punched out the primer and tap drilled & threaded the primer hole for a 10-32 bolt.
BreechBrush_0004.jpg

Put some Superglue gel under the bolt head and screwed it in tight. Pulled three plugs of stiff bristles out of my old file carder/brush.

BreechBrush_0005.jpg

Filled the base of the brass with flexible waterproof glue and stuck in the bristles.

BreechBrush_0006.jpg

Trimmed the bolt off to correct length.

BreechBrush_0008.jpg

I know I know, probably coulda bought one for $1.50 somewhere. Just got bored... :idunno:

very nice work, id rather use something I made anyway over a storebought piece anyday!

Better being bored (and still thinking) than brain dead! Good job, I like it. Some of the best inventions aren't only out of necessity......

Cool ! A use for 25 acp , 32 acp, 380 and the like ! Smaller caliber brushes ! :thumbsup:

Back