• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

British Light Sea Service Dragoon project !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally took the leap and draw knifed off the “belly” 😱
This step had me abit worried…..definitely was lottsa wood to play with under the ramrod channel/hole so it should work out okay!
I'm really impressed with how you've been able to work with that awful teak wood. I thought it was kind of like working with dried paper mache.

You got that right !!! Fibres tear…sanding dust turns to mush !
Weird stuff compared to maple or walnut 😜
Sharp Sharp tos !!!

I sometimes suspect that Indian gun stock wood is from old wood sitting around or pulled from something like an old dock or barn, why it’s so dry and brittle with tight grains. Trying to get moisture into them is futile.

I’ve actually seen some Indian made gun stocks with termite tunnels in them, termites don’t eat live wood

You got that right !!! Fibres tear…sanding dust turns to mush !
Weird stuff compared to maple or walnut 😜
Sharp Sharp tools !!! 👍

Pen makers use very thin crazy glue as a varnish on teak and brittle woods, just a thought. It’s rubbed in with something like a rubber glove. Dries in under a minute

I sometimes suspect that Indian gun stock wood is from old wood sitting around or pulled from something like an old dock or barn, why it’s so dry and brittle with tight grains. Trying to get moisture into them is futile.
I think maybe you're on to something there. I once had a sailboat with teak side rails and various trim and that teak was strong, solid stuff. Nothing at all like what these gun stocks are made from.

Y’all are scaring me away from India made pistols. Still, I’m in no hurry to buy I guess so I will just keep paying close attention to this thread. I’m learning a lot.

Back