• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brittney's first muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longfowler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last christmas I built a small muzzleloader for my Great-Niece, Brittney. We finally got a chance to try it out today, and here are the photos. She was a little scared at first, only taking 3 shots. I wanted to keep the session short anyways, taking into account the attention span of a 4-year-old girl. I think she had enough fun to try it again!

002-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

one cool sidenote...about 6 years ago, I took her dad, shown helping her in photo #4, hunting deer in nearby in Newfane, Vermont. He missed a deer with this same gun barrel when it was mounted on another stock - a few moments later, his fiance (now wife) & Britt's mom, shot that deer!

Outstanding pictures! I think her pink and white rest is absolutely the greatest. Everything about that whole shoot is great. Now don't go and make her cross... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That was soooo cool! Hope she had as much fun shooting as we did looking at the pictures!

Warren :v

I thoroughly enjoyed taking these pictures of our Great-Niece (the apple of my eye, I might add). She was a bit skeptical at first, but when I told her that Aunt Kim (me) had shot the day before, she was ready to go. It was a bit too loud for her so she didn't want to do it a second time. But when Uncle Jean (longfowler) and Daddy put a smaller charge in there, and it wasn't so loud, she was ready to do it again. She took 3 shots total, and I think she'll be ready again soon. We'll be bringing her to the Primitive Biathlons before you know it. She's got a little brother that will be following in her footsteps, too. :thumbsup:

Good to see these young'uns being exposed to our hobby. Good for you all for your time and patience to show them how we do it!

Great stuff!! We need more kids doin this stuff with us. They will not forget their youth. This is bringin them up RIGHT!
Congrats!!!!! :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Dusty Bob said:
Great stuff!! We need more kids doin this stuff with us. They will not forget their youth. This is bringin them up RIGHT!
Congrats!!!!! :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

My thoughts, exactly :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Back