• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buckshot - where to buy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi 1672

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Where can buckshot be bought? I would like to buy some to try in my .32 I beleive I read that 0 size is what I need. Thanks!

I have bad news, maybe, for you PaHunter. In the 32 I've been shooting for over ten years I always use "0", single "ought" common lead buckshot which I purchased by the 5 pound bag mostly or occasionally got by buying the cheapest 12 gauge shells to break down that I could find. "oooo" by the bag also for the .36 rifle I had too. Last time I had to get 5 pounds of Hornady single ought and it's alloyed and truly runs .321 to .323 no matter what they advertise. It is oversize for my gun. I had to change from a .010 patch to a .005 and and the ball fit in my rifle is still a lot tighter than I like to hunt with. I just ordered a RB mould from Jeff Tanner cuz I'm not buying Hornady again. Now common lead buckshot is near impossible to find even from shotgun shooting suppliers. I priced out a few 12 gauge, 2 3/4", 12 pellet loads and they would cost $6.59 to salvage 100 RB out of them not counting shipping. I'm not sure what diameter you can work with but the above is my finding fairly recently. You may be stuck with buying a little red box of ball or a lee mould. Wonky

You have to grade the
Hornady buchshot by measuring and weighting you will find about 5 or more different sizes in a 5lb. bag from Cabelas. I don't know that it is worth the trouble at $25.00 per. bag.

Back