• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Building ME a NW Trade Gun ! :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I " tagged " ya on another build but , I'm a pretty " Low Tech " feller so dont know if I done it correctly or not . Kinda fun going through my build threads ! Go figure ! Take care bud ...
Hello Rob, that sweet little back action halfstock reminded me I have to fix the old John Fleeger target rifle i stashed away.
It’s .41 cal, 33” barrel with very graceful lines. Heavy old gal 13+ lbs.
The lock and patchbox have some classy engraving to dress her up.
The stock has a couple of cracks but all the parts minus the target peep sight are still there.
The rear sight is some wang dang doodle affair with a ramp going from the standard rear sight dovetail back per the tang. It has a tapped hole for post to adjust the elevation and a disc peep sight on top of the end of the ramp.
I " tagged " ya on another build but , I'm a pretty " Low Tech " feller so dont know if I done it correctly or not . Kinda fun going through my build threads ! Go figure ! Take care bud

Attachments

• IMG_4251.jpeg
    IMG_4251.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_4115.png
    IMG_4115.png
    2.1 MB
  • IMG_3976.jpeg
    IMG_3976.jpeg
    3.1 MB
  • IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3977.jpeg
    3.4 MB
  • IMG_3980.jpeg
    IMG_3980.jpeg
    3.4 MB
  • IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    2.8 MB
Hello Rob, that sweet little back action halfstock reminded me I have to fix the old John Fleeger target rifle i stashed away.
It’s .41 cal, 33” barrel with very graceful lines. Heavy old gal 13+ lbs.
The lock and patchbox have some classy engraving to dress her up.
The stock has a couple of cracks but all the parts minus the target peep sight are still there.
The rear sight is some wang dang doodle affair with a ramp going from the standard rear sight dovetail back per the tang. It has a tapped hole for post to adjust the elevation and a disc peep sight on top of the end of the ramp.
Hey Rob, That first photo , as you can tell, is not correct. Sorry, please disregard it.

Well sir it’s really starting to look like trade gun,some more with the rasp and a few odds and ends and maybe we’ll get to see a video of the builder shooting his new TG.looking very nice.Rob just so you know this has been very informative and very very interesting especially for us none gun builders,thankyou for taking the time to walk us threw this adventure.👍walt
" None gun builders " !! You " Great White North Trade Gun Builder " you !!! :)

Latest posts

Back