• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Burned!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping this thread will shame the seller into action so I don't want to name him right away. At least 3 here have figured out who it is and it really isn't difficult with the info I have given. If nothing happens in a while I'll probably name him and possibly give the moderators access to our conversations. Same with leaving feedback.
Do it!
Save the next guy the same misfortune
This guy should be banned from the forum.

Its just a crappy thing to do to anyone. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knowingly done some trash like that to a fellow enthusiast. I got an EMF Hartford unmentionable in trade a long time ago. Its supposedly a sought after gun. But this one is a pile o excrement, but it looks amazing. So I'm stuck with it, I would never pass it off on someone else, like was done to me. Takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.

I've read some of his posts where he comes across as an experienced "revolver tuner/smith", so he can't claim ignorance for selling the man a dog turd. Or he is full of it, and is just a shady character. Hopefully he reads all these and has bubble guts. Damn shame is what it is
I was thinking the same thing!!

I bought a revolver from a member here about a month ago, Colt pocket repro. It was listed as a rare version and it had some features I liked; long round barrel and square back trigger guard. Because of the listing and the features I liked I paid a premium for it. What I received was a gun built up from 3 or more guns and with some problems too. Besides the cylinder issue the half cock notch on the hammer is located way off and the pivot hole in the trigger is drilled at an angle rendering these parts unacceptable with no replacement parts available for this gun (knew that beforehand). I have no need for parts and I value the item at less than a quarter of what I paid. I sent the seller a PM (conversation) and the content is below. I feel the message was neither disrespectful, threatening or demanding. The seller has not responded in the month since I sent the PM and I don’t believe he will. I’m not naming him but you could probably find the listing I bought from with a little searching. He has sold a number of guns on the forum and currently has a couple listed. I can only hope other members have better results dealing with him than I did.

“The revolver was built up using parts from three (or more) different revolvers. Because of that I would not call it a rare XYZ factory gun, just a collection of parts.

The wedge and backstrap bear the serial # 3660 and the cylinder has the last 3 digits of the same serial # (660).

The trigger guard and frame bear the serial # 3650.

The barrel assembly carries the serial # 3992.

These parts do not function well together. The barrel-cylinder gap is .020” with the wedge driven in firmly. This is the largest gap I have ever seen on a cap & ball revolver and is way over the maximum. At the junction of the back strap and the front strap where they meet at the toe of the grip there is a .051” gap which someone tried to close with the screw which they buggered up badly. The trigger is at an angle in the guard and the half cock notch is positioned so that if your finger is in the guard when it’s pulled to half cock your finger is painfully trapped in the guard and the only way of freeing it is to go to full cock. I did not disassemble the gun to look inside but it does need work as the bolt doesn’t drop until the hammer is pulled way back past full cock. The bore has a small spot of rust at the muzzle and scattered dark spots through its length. I only took a quick look down the barrel while it was off so I don’t know if its rust on not. I understand all these guns need a little tuning but this one seems to need more than that. I could live with the missing wedge screw, front sight made from a screw and the need for a little work but I feel given all the things listed above that this gun is considerably overpriced and not acceptable. I would like very much to return it for a refund.”

So AITA here or am I justified?
He has several guns listed for sale. I just replied to one listing telling him he has been outed as a scammer and should find a new forum to scam on.
A moderator should immediately contact him and if no response close all his for sale posts and delete his account. Also block his ip address.

By now I believe everyone knows who it is and his username has been posted here by another. Yes it is Blackpowderwarrior and I have just now posted negative feedback on his profile. I have also sent him a PM with a link to this thread in case he hasn't seen it yet and also informed him I have left feedback. I may contact a moderator and in addition possibly give them permission to view my conversations with the seller. I will not post his real name but incase he is on other forums with a different user name he is from Valdese, NC. He was just on here 45 minutes ago bumping his listings (3).

It's a shame this has gone to such lengths as it possibly could have been easily resolved. It looks like he is loosing his credibility here and I hate to see that happen to anyone but I believe it's as a result of his actions by choice

Again I thank everyone for their support, far beyond what I might have imagined. I've been a member for 20 years now and by and far my positive experiences here have far outweighed any negatives. A great bunch of people here bound by a love of black powder firearms.

Last edited:
Well he responded to my post and admitted he didn’t deliver the lead, blamed the USPS, and said the OP had buyers remorse, doesn’t explain not responding to the buyer. I’m convinced he’s a dirtbag and needs to be gone.

At first, I thought you had ordered lead, too - I just realized that you must have mentioned my attempted purchase. There was no buyers remorse on my part - except that I had tried to do business with him!!!

I was thinking about it this morning, and realized that in the 20+ years I've sold things on fleabay, I have had to "make good" several shipments when it was definitely NOT my fault that the usps mis-sent packages! It's usually called something like 'taking responsibility for good customer service', even when it hurts your (in these cases, MY-!) pocketbook!!

Last edited:
I see by the deleted post i made on another topic. This dude must have clout with the people who run this Site. Like i told them already when a good member was removed month back. Don't sent my Bank another renewal for Funds. I told this earlier & they did the run it through. Told my Bank if they allow it again i would get another Bank.

Looks like some guys were giving BPW the business on one of his "for sale" scam posts. He must of cried to the moderators because there was a post that stated posts were deleted. Either that, or they are watching him a little closer. Whichever it is, seems his world is getting a bit smaller that light has been shed on his misdeeds.

Was a great thing that several good people on here didn't sit idly by and overlook his shenanigans. If he has an ounce of conscience he'll refund the gentleman's money and either fly right, or fly away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back