• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Burned!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, can anyone explain just what a custom "French Antiqued Finish" is in reference to firearms? I have heard of French-Fitted gun cases, and French Cuffs, but never a custom firearms finish.

My suspicion is a good going over with varying grades of steel wool.
That was my suspicion too, if you look close enough you can see what looks like scuffs from the steel wool he used. Isn’t the real thing called french greying? To me it sounds like he’s trying to use fancy terms to sell his bubba’d crapola.

Last edited:
I just looked at his pics on that ad and realized there's a chunk of the grip busted off and some extremely crude engraving on the backstrap. And yeah, you can see the little pieces of steel wool stuck on the hammer screw lol Of course none of these issues are mentioned in the description... Wow.

I just looked at his pics on that ad and realized there's a chunk of the grip busted off and some extremely crude engraving on the backstrap. And yeah, you can see the little pieces of steel wool stuck on the hammer screw lol Of course none of these issues are mentioned in the description... Wow.
Turds gotta be turds. That fella doesn't fave a soul.

View attachment 330096
This tells me two things...
1st,,, he is a "MLF Supporter" which I suspected after reading some of the comments that seemed surprised he has not been dealt with by moderators or admin, with a side comment or two about good people who have been banned. Good luck getting him censured, suspended, or removed.
2nd,,, he is still posting more stuff and people are still engaging with him. Clearly not enough people are seeing this topic.
Maybe the topic title should have been, "burned, by Blackpowderwarrior! Buyers BEWARE!"
Maybe more is going on that we cannot talk about in open forum.
And would any of you like your warnings or conversations with us out in the open so the rest of the members can circle you like sharks.

There has been a thread really cleaned up yesterday. And if the person that started this thread wants to leave feedback, or even talk with me, they can do either.

Last edited:
I haven't bought a truckload of things on here. But the things I have bought were as described, and the members were all top shelf. The one in question is an exception. The 6 or 7 fellas I've bought from I would not hesitate for a second to do business with again.
I haven't bought a lot either, but 98% of what I have bought has been as good or better than described. One item that was not was easily fixed by a friend and the difference between description and what I received could be attributed to a difference of how we define our adjectives 😉
The other is fixable but not be me or anyone I know personally, disappointing but usable.
Everything else from clothing to blankets has been good....
Why does our buying experience matter in the context of this discussion? Because at least in my case, everything I bought was from long time forum members who are active throughout the forum, not someone just here to make a buck off of forum members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back