• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Burnt patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree there is nothing earthshaking in my System(s) . I thinkI could get it all on one side of a standard 8 x 11 inch sheet of paper butI would have to omit the thinking that backs it up.
It might helppeole avoid spending a lot of money on all the whiz bang ideas I invested in that proved worthless.

One thing I learned was to not buy anything that used the word "EASY" in its ad copy.

The weirdest item I bought was a method of making your own swaged balls which created remarkably off=balance balls and which I ended up describing as a Hernia kit.

Almost all the people who criticize my methods have no knowledge of what it is hence I tend to try enlightenment.

Dutch

Dutch Schoultz said:
THANK YOU,
PEOPLE SPEND SO MUCH TIME MAKING END RUNS AROUND THE IDEAL OF A WELL FITTING PATCH. DEER TALLOW WAS A NEW ONE. CREAM OF WHEART, CORN MEAL, WADS MADE FROM A VARIETY OF MATERIALS INCLUDING WASP NESTS AND AUTUMN LEAVES.. GETTING THE PATCH RIGH ONCE AND FOR ALL AND ALL THAT EXTRA EFFORT DIES AWAY.

YOU DON'T NEED TO USE MY SYSTEM BUT IF YOU MIGHT BE CURIOUS ABOUT IT I"LL END YOU A FREE COPY IF YOU'LL EMAIL ME AT
[email protected]

DUTCH SCHOULTZDUTCH SCHOULTZ

I bought your information about one month ago and found it informative. I figure it saved me a lot of time, money and aggravation I would have expended through testing.

I guess if I waited one month, I could have asked for a free copy. :) That's alright, I don't mind paying for good information. Hopefully, you put the money to good use and spent it on beer or something equally useful. :)

azmntman said:
Best $20.00 I ever spent in this hobby (addiction :surrender: )

If that's Maggie's Drawers you're waving, I've seen 'em on the rifle range more than once in my lifetime.

I see it was my own d__n Fault.
My offer to give a free copy to Bent Site was interpreted as an world wide offer.

Last of the Big Time Spenders I can no longer be (and never was) I cannot afford to be so generous. I occasionally give away a set to he extremely needy who have no idea about the art of muzzleloading or who are actively educating kids in the art

I used to give free copies to people in the related industries of funereal arts and the church but they eem to have quit ordering. I used to have income of sorts in those days.

I regret this misunderstanding but it was good to see here is an interest in my efforts among the non-spending.

Dutch

Bent Sight,
No the price would still be the same.

Someone sdsuported my idea of having a precisely fitting patch and otherwise seemed to have achieved my System onhisown that I offered the free copy to com[are notes with. Some other person spread the word that I was giving my sole source of income away to all who asked for it.

It was my own fault for not making that offer in a private communication.

I was at the point of discontinuing my whole operation because of increased costs but had a last minute decision to spend rather a bunch of money having someone digitize everything so I coild hld the price and include a great deal of material closely related to the fine art of Muzzleloading,

Dutch Schoultz

And I continue to support your idea that a proper patch fit and lube combination in a firearm in respectable condition should give great results with minor mess or fuss.

I go shoot, load and fire my rifle, and come home, works how I want it to in my rifles. Now I need a flint just because I want one.

Britsmoothy said:
Me too.
Next you know we all will be asked to join the magic circle of front stuffers :doh:

B.

:shocked2: Word wasn't supposed to get out till the 10th!. OK OK, Brit can be the first member. Ya'all send me $15.00 and I'll get busy on the 1st weekly newsletter (might only be one, depending on response :blah: )

Seriously what I got from Dutch was worth more than I paid. And it comes with follow up if I have issues I can call and discuss personally, like every subscriber :thumbsup: Thanks Dutch!

azmntman said:
Seriously what I got from Dutch was worth more than I paid.

Value is intrinsic.....

You can gaze all day at the beauty and splendor of a picture taken from the summit of Mt Everest, but It will never be the same as taking one yourself.
You learn far more from the journey than you do from arriving at the destination.

Well Clyde when you get ready to climb Everest you just but on yer boots and walk all the way to the top (from yer home, dont take no stinkin cab or airplane). The trip is worth more if ya do it yerself! Ya dont need no help! YOU CAN DO IT!

Me? I have a time issue so I'll take the cab, the plane and hire some mnt guru's. We both get there but you'll have more fun!

We all choose different starting points....as long as you make the journey...that is the most important thing...
Yes, I understand, not everyone can make the journey....My comment does not apply to them...That's where Dutch comes in.

azmntman said:
Britsmoothy said:
Me too.
Next you know we all will be asked to join the magic circle of front stuffers :doh:

B.

:shocked2: Word wasn't supposed to get out till the 10th!. OK OK, Brit can be the first member. Ya'all send me $15.00 and I'll get busy on the 1st weekly newsletter (might only be one, depending on response :blah: )

Seriously what I got from Dutch was worth more than I paid. And it comes with follow up if I have issues I can call and discuss personally, like every subscriber :thumbsup: Thanks Dutch!
No thanks buddy, my fairy is all good :hatsoff:

I had been shooting for quite a while when Dutch's system came to my attention. I took advantage of it, much like some of us here enjoy muzzleblast or muzzleloader magazines. Some of the basic stuff I already had learned, however I did benefit from some of the more detailed shooting excercises that Dutch had shown. All in all a very good read and well worth the 20$ I spent.

Latest posts

Back