• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's Blue Ridge Line of Flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Thinkin' of buyin a Pedersoli Flintlock in a .32 cal.

I'd love to have one of these smaller caliber Flinters. Cabela's sells a line of Blue Ridge Flinters made by Pedersoli. Anybody have one of these and if you do....How do you like it?

giz

They're a good flintlock, I have a .45 that I've owned for 15-20 years. Had a .32 for a while but sold it because there just ain't no squirrels around here.

I bought one in .32 when they were 400.00. Far as I think, all their worth. Very accurate barrel. The breech area is touchy. Lock sparks good,but hard on natural flints. I use a man made one, and sharpen it with a diamond file every 3&4 shots. A very plain gun. Lot of better guns out there for a little more money. Dilly

I agree with BD they are a good gun. Picked up a .54 flinter when they were 400. A used one would be ok. I also think a bit more money and you could get a better looking rifle. Mine shoots good and is solid-just kind of plain. Larry Wv

"Thinkin' of buyin a Pedersoli Flintlock in a .32 cal."

The first thing to do is define what you want out of the gun, hunting/target/plinking/re-enacting,these gus will likely do 3 out of 4.

Just got one .32 caliber before the end of last year from Cabalas for less than $500. I have at least 7 custom made muzzleloaders and for what I paid for the Blue Ridge it's well worth it. I don't believe that you could have a similar one made by hand for near the cost. It's not a fancy by any means, and I kinda like that. Just shoot it and enjoy the fun of shooting a flintlock. They have become my favorite gun to shoot. I also have three custom built flintlocks and they shoot just fine and really are nice to look at.

I've got one in 50, and no it's not fancy.

But I'm pining after one in 32 caliber too, if that tells you what I think of the model.

I went to Cabela's today to see if they had any in stock. No such luck. So I'm going to order mine online at the sale price and have it shipped to the store.

I own one already in a .45 Caliber and really like the gun. So I'd like a plinker/squirrel gun in a similiar style. The price is right and I've had good luck with any Pedersoli that I've owned over the years.

Thanks all...

giz

I have one in .45 flint. It's straight shooting, sure sparker and very reliable. Used mine in competition for years. They may not be fancy, but they sure are fun to shoot. Mine gives me long flint life with 7/8" knapped flints. If you can get it on sale, that's great. They sure have gone up in price over the years. But when you look at some of the semi custom makers, so have they. Enjoy your new rifle :thumbsup:

I have the Pedersoli-brand "Frontier" version. Mine's the shorty (~28" barrel?) in a flintlock, and I quite enjoy it. It is slightly odd to have the largest lock on the smallest caliber and shortest rifle that I own, though. If you are not experienced with patent breeches, you may have to learn a few of the tricks for them, but after that, things should be good. One hunting partner had the long barreled version in percussion for a while, and I found it more muzzle-heavy than I prefer for a wandering-around gun.

Regards,
Joel

Only thing I dont like about my 50 cal. is that the center of the hammer is lined up with the left edge of the frizzen. With this set up only the left edge of the flint is clamped into the hammer with most of it sticking out to the right. It works but does not look good.

Why don't you re-bend the hammer, It's a VERY common repair and only takes minutes.

I have a .36 cal Blue ridge from cabela's. It is a good shooter. I redid the stock because I didn't like the finish they had on it and filed the buckhorn sights down. I had a hard time with the sight picture their buckhorn gave me. It is a bit muzzle heavy but all in all it's not a bad rifle. I've actually been thinking about selling it because I don't shoot it that often and since I built my fowler I squirrel hunt with it.

i have one in .36,really pleased with it.bought in the bargain cave in sidney,ne.it's a fine rifle,accurate and dependable.

I got one in.36 flintlock. It looks great. It's very dependable as far as going off but I could never get it to shoot consistant. Some days I got a great group other days I could not get it to shoot under 5" at 25 yards. I tried everything. I have other Pedersolis and they are a good manufacturer but this gun drives me crazy.good luck.

I've had a couple in .32 and liked them just fine in flintlock. Not the best made rifle in the world of course, but pretty good guns.

I didn't care for the percussion model and know that wasn't the question, but thought I'd toss that out there. I've never liked Pedersoli percussion locks.

My first flinter, bought just about 12 years ago. I sold that .36 during a tough time about 5 years ago. I can't tell you how many times I've thought of that gun and punched the armchairs for being such a fool. I think I'd rather have shoveled s**t for a week and still have that sweet gun instead of just lettin' her go as easily as I did. ssiigghh. Even now it hits me in the heart. I hope yours takes the same place in your heart and you NEVER sell her.

While I cannot speak for the rifle itself, I have an old Hatfield percussion rifle that I wanted to convert to flint ignition. I ordered a Blueridge flint lock which was a good fit in the Hatfleld lock mortise. The conversion was a success and I am pleased with the performance of the Pedersoli Blueridge lock.

On flintlock rifles I believe the lock to be the most important part of the the gun. You can buy a premimum match grade barrel and couple it with an inferior flintlock and and you will be dissapointed with performance.

Back