• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CALIFORNIA MUZZLELOADER LAWS.....?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok.... I am selling a swivel breech .45.
does anybody know if it is legal to shp a muzzleloader to calif?
I kOnw various states have some funny laws nowadays...
please help...

*** WV SCROUNGER ***

Ok.... I am selling a swivel breech .45.
does anybody know if it is legal to shp a muzzleloader to calif?

Yep, but only if routed through Ohio first, so PM me for my mailing address and we'll gett-r-done... :winking: :D

Thank Ye kindly fer the replies fellers.....
I looked at Cabellas and they only list IL,MA,MI,NJ,NY,DC,&MA.......whew.....what is our country comming to?

*** WV SCROUNGER ***

Hmm that would be by my cousin, Walking Tall who shot a Cow in the Early 1900's because the reservation no longer had wild animals. ( from overhunting ) and he only had on old flint lock. So being hungry he commited a theft and murder of innocent STEAK!

LOL OK OK :sorry: :crackup: :crackup:

I am Indian, but I seriously have no idea about ANY Crime.
NONE I plead the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th oh maybe the 9th too.

Hmmmmmm... maybe because someone might try to carry a M/L as a concealed weapon. That would be interesting to see! He'd have to be a REAL tall dude with loooong legs!!

When was the last time a crime was committed with a muzzleloader, refresh my memory. (VBG) [/quote] That would be LA 1992 when during the riots the crips and bloods set up scurmish lines in south central and had at it with there muskets with bayonets fixed.I thaught evryone knew that ML's were all the rage with the gang banger's nowa day's? Heck they even use them for drive by's.As a matter of fact when the cops are looking for a drive by perp they just look for guy's in red or blue bandanna's and gun powder tattoo's.

IL,MA,MI,NJ,NY,DC,&MA

What's the common denominator...high crime areas?

Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Newwark, New York City , Washington, D.C. ; all major cities with a very high crime rate that hold the political power of the state. Nothing in common with the rest of the state, with the exception of D.C. , of course.
Illinois has that pesky FOID card . I don't know how the other state's laws are.

your almost right about the reason these few states have crappy ml laws.

Michigan had its crappy law passed by a republican, a party of idiots who want everyone to be worse off and weaker then unarmed chinese peasents in 1890s china.

and in michigan we did supposedly have a murder or assualt with a 1860 colt repro.

...a republican, a party of idiots who want everyone to be worse off and weaker then unarmed chinese peasents in 1890s china.

Uhhh... :what: :huh: I think you're crossing the "no Religion, Politics, Terrorists & Gun Control" line... but anyway, my observation has been that the Republican party seems to have a more consistently pro-gun platform... and that most gun control advocates fall into the Democratic party... or have I been deceived? :what:

IL,MA,MI,NJ,NY,DC,&MA

What's the common denominator...high crime areas?
.......... Illinois has that pesky FOID card . I don't know how the other state's laws are.

New York has no restrictions on muzzleloaders. Not even New York City. No registration or permit required.
The only wrinkle is with pistols. You can purchase & posses muzzle loading pistols. But if you want to fire them, or have a muzzle loading pistol in your possesion along with the corresponding powder & ball you must obtain a pistol permit. :youcrazy:

Dave

your almost right about the reason these few states have crappy ml laws.

Michigan had its crappy law passed by a republican, a party of idiots who want everyone to be worse off and weaker then unarmed chinese peasents in 1890s china.

and in michigan we did supposedly have a murder or assualt with a 1860 colt repro.

We had a murder here in CT about 3 years ago with a C&B repro. The press was shouting about they guy buying a "pistol" without needing a permit, we need to change the laws, etc. That talk went away after a few weeks. This was the same so called "press" that used the word machinegun 12 times in about 15 minutes when someone suspicious was seen on the roof of the captial parking garage carrying something. Turned out it was a guy with a video recorder.

IL,MA,MI,NJ,NY,DC,&MA

As far as Cabela's they do not ship to New York City, which is not the same as New York ( Thank God ). I have purchased several BP items such as pistols & rifles from Cabela's without any problems. I live in an adjoining county to the "City" and we suffer from their affect---witness our Pistol License went from $45 for five years to $200 for four years recently---...."because the City does it..." Bass Pro and some other BP vendors will not ship to any New York address because of the anti-gun laws of the "City"---this really pi$$e$ me off. :curse:

[ Religion, Politics, Terrorists & Gun Control" line... Yeah pilitics stink.But I dont think its a Republican demacrat thing with gun control.If you look plenty of Republicans support gun control.Old Rudy is a dig gun control guy.John is another.Gove Pataci "he is in to gun control.It jus does nt get the press that the the NRA is a Republican deal and they want republicans in offic.And the anti gun Dems get all the news.But enugh of that.Its making me ill and i will stop now.

MMMMMMM! MMMMMM!

ducttape.jpg

:crackup:

The main problem in Illinois is Chicago. We haven't had a Governor from downstate for as long as I remember. Our present governor is Democrat, the last 3 or 4 were Republican. They were ALL from the Chicago area. The main population is in Chicago, so the votes come from Chicago. This one has managed to make about everyone mad about something. The last one almost broke us. And the one before is being indicted for something he's accused of doing when he was Sec. of State. :no:
Now THAT'S entertainment. :crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back