• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can we see some Fowlers...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it :thumbsup:
Walnut is fast becoming my favorite wood.
They look great with brass furniture and polished steel.

swampy said
Hey no fair showing those Canadian bucks! :wink:

Mine maybe a bit fancy but it knocks the hell out of deer too. :grin:

2007buckj.jpg
[/quote]

I thought the Canadian BUCK was at PAR withe the American BUCK ....

...anyway Swampy nice "buck an fowler" you have there ...LOL

:haha: Generally Canada has some real bruisers. We grow some nice deer but Canada can grow bigger ones. :thumbsup: To take a nice buck with a smoothie, is special. :v

PICT0440.jpg

Here's one of two pics of my .62 fowler; I don't know how to post both in one post. It's a TVM with 38" x .62, P+ maple-I had dark stained so may not show up well in the pics-and rear sight. Still working on loads but makes one 2" to 2-1/2" hole at 25. Doesn't work at 50 but I got some much better patching material that should help. Later I'll work up shot loads for turkey and small game.

Now that is one very interesting gun; the word "cool" comes to mind. You must attract a crowd at the range. I'm impressed.

Pecos, my fowler is as plain Jane as can be. The only optional indulgence is the P+ maple. Plain guns look fine and are born for the field.

Pecos, don't sell the " game roller " short, there is some fine figure in that stock. I was always told that " beauty is in the eye of the beholder " :thumbsup:

I have to say I like them smooth bores too. I have a few:

I shoot these 2. The top is a .58 Curly gun, bottom is a .62 I built maybe 20 years ago.
smooth01.jpg

I am building these. Both are .62 and will look quite a lot alike. Differences are top has a Queen Anne lock, oct/rnd barrel. The bottom has a round tapered barrel, Chambers round faced lock. Both are iron parts with Silver butt plates & sliding patch box doors.
smooth02.jpg

C'mon, tg, I would DEFINITELY not say or think that in the least. Your fusil LOOKS more like a fusil than 15 lbs of wood with some steel attached. I'm a budding expert on fusils now; last week Tom Patton called me one night to thank me for a comment I had made on a recent post, but the recent post turned out to be from March of LAST year! Boy, did I ever luck out. Although the hours were getting late I simply did NOT want this man to stop conversing with me (and educating me in the process). What a man! I was scrambling for paper to write all these important historical points that just seemed to roll off his tongue. Quite fascinating! Anyway, the thing I like the best about your gun is that I know you use it, and use it, and then use it some more. THAT's the kind of beauty you can't put into a gun with any man-made tool. I swear, and I'm probably not the only one here that thinks this, but I get the improbable feeling that you bed down every night in the Oregon woods in your hunting shirt, bandana and weskit with your fusil by your side. Anyway, I like your gun!

"Anyway, I like your gun!"

Thank you for the kind comments, mine is a rather basic simple French hunting gun of the early 18th century, pretty basic compared to some of the more embelished guns shown which are absolutely remarkable, beautiful guns , I have had a couple of wives accuse me of spending more time with my guns than them, I just told them it was a choice of the quality of the company, Tom is a very unique individual, he has a tremendous amount of knowledge about many of the 17th/18th century guns and is very willing to share with others in a very refreshing maner, we have chatted for quite a while from time to time and he was instrumental in my choice of guns when I made the de Chase, he is a class act and owns some originals from which he draws much info,and to all, nice guns and enjoy the journey, they will make lifelong companions along lifes trail.

I don't post much because our cack-a-mamy UK gun laws make it durned difficult to own repro's and my guns tend to annoy people here-abouts :surrender:

Whatever, my favorite birding piece is a minty 13g Viennese back action :grin:

Robin

pirko.jpg

Now that is really NICE!, I almost hate to ask this :( ....what time period does this gun represent it is a beauty just from what is shown?

Nice looking guns and Squirrels...MaMa wasn't home when that pic was taken? :shocked2:

Yeah, she took the pic, after the squirrels were back in the bag I spent a bit of time scrubbin, classic doing something without thinking. :redface: The first pic of the fusil was taken after the last one, it only took one time to figure the table in the back yard was a better place to take pics of dead critters. Chris

Back