• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can we see some Fowlers...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTB..WoW very nice..is that wrist as skinny as it looks? Or does the butt just make it look that way?
Looks light and grouse-y

Great lookin' guns! :thumbsup: I'll have to post some pics up of my fusil when I get. :bow:

~Ben

Well,I just got it today! It's .62 Fusil De Chasse with a 44" barrel from Tip Curtis. :thumbsup: It's in-the-white,but has a little bit of linseed oil on it. :) I am veeery pleased with it! :bow: :bow:
4622813783_1a9b0c03d4.jpg

4622814401_c0ed1684de.jpg

4622815377_58b481f891.jpg

~Ben

Ben: For such a young man, you are showing a great deal of wisdom in the selection of your firerarms. Somes go 50 years or more before realizing how lovely and functional a fusil de chasse is.
Congratulations!

Nice gun Ben, you won't have to put finish on the walnut stock, just rub a few more coats of boiled linseed oil on it and it will darken with age. I'd leave the barrel and lock just like they are.

makeumsmoke said:
DTB..WoW very nice..is that wrist as skinny as it looks? Or does the butt just make it look that way?
Looks light and grouse-y

1" wrist. 6lbs Does the trick!! :bow:

Very nice. Are my old eyes decieving me or does it have a nosecap?

I wish I could justify (historically) carrying a fusil de chasse - I would have one in a minute. :thumbsup:

Just finished this one. Colerain 42" "Griffin" 16 bore barrel with .015 jug choke, walnut stock, silver thumb escutcheon, Chambers lock.
fox1.jpg

fox7.jpg

fox5.jpg

fox4.jpg

fox9.jpg

Thanks for all the comments on my Fusil everyone! TommyBruce,Dad has some Danish Oil that he's put on several guns and it looks GOOD!! :bow:

~Ben

Latest posts

Back