• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can we see some Fowlers...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup: Beautiful gun,Great work!
I'm getting a "in the white"fowler from Tip Curtis.
I really like the finish on your barrel and fittings. Would you mind telling me how to achieve this look? I have always either browned or blued.

thanks, Tennessee

That is why my barrel is still in the white. I can't decide either. I saw Jim Chambers fowler at the CLA show and it was in the white and I liked it, but it sure is bright in the field/woods.

If you want to leave it in the white, do so. When you need it for hunting, you can put some brown shoe polish on the barrel during the hunt. It will wipe off with a rag soaked in alcohol, and the barrel will back to " white" afterwards. You can put the can of polish in your pocket, so if you bump into something, and some of the polish comes off, you can dab some more on it in the field.

Problem solved. :hatsoff:

what a great post this is
sorry have to work on the ic of mine
54 cal fowler and i gues the bess would be one to??
enjoyed the thread

Cpl Crispin's "LIBRTY" gun. In the early days of the Revolution every
man in the family between 16 and 60 was required to have a serviceable gun
and the powder and ball to shoot it.. Many New England familys had guns
made by local smiths to outfit a large family of boys and men to meet the
requirements. Made with no frills and many times with pre used parts to
keep the price down but still have a perfectly usable gun.
Getz 46" 20 bore barrel. Davis "Colonial" lock. The trigger is an antique I
found in a parts box at a gun show last winter. The trigger guard is cast
from an old Dutch gun.
cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc5.jpg

cc7.jpg

cc8.jpg

Mike,

Those last two you've shown really are quite something! It's nice to see guns that are made with more of a common man's approach. I'm sure you put much more effort in the building of one of these guns, than appears. They are wonderful...

Thanks for sharing...

Sweet, Sweet fowler Mike! I seen that pic on the Contemporarymakers website I think. Mark Wheland is working on a New England fowler "made up gun" for me in 10ga. I am sure it will have that same realistic look. Great job!

Just got my Colonial Fowler this month. It is not real fancy but I like it. 20 bore TOW barrel, Chamber's lock, Davis trigger, brass furniture from TOW, American walnut stock carved by Mark Weader here in PA, and built by Barry Harmon of Mechanicsburg, PA. :thumbsup:

My first smoothbore and I am enjoying it. It's for deer and turkey so I had a small rear sight put on. I have about 75 shots through it--both ball and shot-- and am learning a lot. I am debating whether to jug choke it.... :hmm:
IMGP0917.jpg

IMGP0920.jpg

IMGP0921.jpg

IMGP0926.jpg

IMGP0922.jpg

IMGP0923.jpg

Capt. Fred said:
This gun has a 38 inch turkey choked Colerain barrel, Chambers Virginia Roundfaced lock, Pecatonica stock and their steel furniture.

FOWLER021.jpg

FOWLER024.jpg

FOWLER007.jpg

FOWLER010.jpg

FOWLER011.jpg

FOWLER012.jpg

FOWLER018.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Capt. Fred, I sent you a PT with a few questions regarding your fowler above. I really like it!

Thanks, Skychief.

Mike Brooks said:
Couple more pics, just finished this one up, sure was fun to build!
cc4.jpg

cc9b.jpg

cc9a.jpg

cc9.jpg

Hey Chicken man; As always, great looking guns even if they are English but what the heck? they can't all be French. :wink: :grin: :bow:
Tom Patton

manure. :cursing: yall gotta stop with these pic threads! now i gotta have one of these things! :grin:

I am resurecting this thread as it kept me going while I waited. Here is my Mike Brooks (No. 308) English Fowler. Another 42" Colerain "Griffin" 16 bore; but I stuck with cylinder bore. Beautiful and light - a real dancer.

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0070.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

After the first 30 rounds - all dirtied up but no misfires or delays. You can love a girl like that.

DSCN0088.jpg

Back