• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Christian Springs Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmarc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Fellows:

Have any of you built the Chambers C. Springs rifle?

Any opinions

I think the rifle looks nice, and it looks like it would be great in the field

Any opinions from seasoned builders?

My buddies building one right now. Its a whole lotta gun packed into a a nice package. He is building the 58 caliber model. He has it together in the white and it balances and holds well. It weighs around the mid 8 pound range. The shorter swamped barrel makes it swing nice. The butt stock is huge on it really wide prolly 2.5 inches or so, much fatter than an early Lancaster. He got the standard maple and it is likely 40-50% curl on it. I hope this helps, I myself have never built one but I can offer insight from holding his. Ohh the gun can almost completely inletted to, the sliding patch box was cut and fitted all he had to do was shape it.

I have one in a 62 caliber and I am almost finished with it. It is a really well balanced rifle and I can't wait to try it out. I think it will be good for anything I want to hunt.

Back