• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning Kibler Woodsrunner?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to remove the barrel to clean the rifle, just the lock. Instructions in post above. Except I use Ballistol instead of WD-40. If you happen to get some water in the barrel channel, blow it out with compressed air.

However, maybe you might want to occasionally, say once a year or so, to remove the barrel to clean and oil the underside, to continue protecting it from corrosion.
I like to paint the underside of my barrel and barrel channel with bees wax. I pull my barrels now once aver few years and that treatment keeps them clean.

I HAVE used it to brown barrels.

I looked it up. Peroxide is a bleaching agent that can indeed be corrosive to metal and wood and wood finishes. Best to use diluted. I've always said there is something to be learned here every day. Actually I've never used it

I remove the barrels every time. There are many ways and products to use for cleaning and with the barrel removed the chances off damage to the stock are much less and cleaning is easier and better. Once you've developed your procedure for removing the barrel it's easy.
I remove mine about once a year and put a heavy coat of wax under the barrel. Then once it is back together, I put a couple of coats of wax on the whole gun making sure to get it in where the barrel meets the stock to form a water tight seal. I shoot 4 or 5 days a week and figure I would wear out the pin holes pushing them out 5 times a week

A friend suggested using windshield washer fluid, mostly water anyway. With patches several times till they came out clean. A scraper for the breach. Then I used balistol worked very well on my colonial

Back