• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colorado… bobcat, mountain lion, lynx

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it kills deer fawns or turkey poults or my chickens it gets shot. In season, out of season, at night, in the daylight. Etc. hawks, coyotes, bob cats, feral cats, pet cats, wild dogs, all the same. SKS. Shoot……kick it in the ditch….shutup.

If it kills deer fawns or turkey poults or my chickens it gets shot. In season, out of season, at night, in the daylight. Etc. hawks, coyotes, bob cats, feral cats, pet cats, wild dogs, all the same. SKS. Shoot……kick it in the ditch….shutup.
Pass the word. Need information on how to break the game law, poach, jacklight and get away with it? The go-to place is Muzzleloading Forum, they always have the best and latest advice, free of charge and with no shame whatsoever.

Spence

I have a question, if there are no lions in Pa. and one happens bye while yer hunting say deer and you shoot him. Do you need some type of permission slip say if you want to have him mounted, just asking for a friend? Rumor has it there has been a few sighted over the years where my friend hunts, and it is not far to the Pa. Line. He might have to buy a Pa. license if you know what I mean, that is after he dusts Mr. kitty.

Sir................no offense meant . Only thing I've had on my record is , three traffic tickets in 75 years. But bet on it , I once killed a protected , 48" white timber rattler heading down a camp driveway toward three little kids playing there. I would have done it , if I would have cost my life. When wild critters require policing , I'll take care of business. I don't worship them , as some do , but I eat the ones edible , so no waste , is committed. I wish you well.

Far as I know , if your friend dusts any protected species in Pa. , a citation will come your way , and won't be worth the trouble. Might be better to call the Blame Comm. and see if your friend can import one from Out of state , and have the critter properly permitted. Just not sure?????? :dunno:

Sir................no offense meant . Only thing I've had on my record is , three traffic tickets in 75 years. But bet on it , I once killed a protected , 48" white timber rattler heading down a camp driveway toward three little kids playing there. I would have done it , if I would have cost my life. When wild critters require policing , I'll take care of business. I don't worship them , as some do , but I eat the ones edible , so no waste , is committed. I wish you well.
good on you for exercising common sense. Heck I killed a coyote last year that jumped into my fenced in yard and was trying to eat my wife's little dog. Oh my......I didn't call the game warden or the Sheriff either. Then there was the time my neighbor down the road shot an entire family of hawks out of a tree because they were killing his chickens. The audacity of one to protect their animals and property. Some people have no clue that it is PERFECTLY lLEGAL to do so. Some people also don't know that hunting predators 24/7 365 is legal here. Then again some people just want to pretend they are the ethics police and spout ignorant comments. Those special people are the ones the "ignore" button is designed for.

Sounds like Penn and NY may have something common. There have been rumors for years that NYS DEC stocked cougars. Of course they deny it. There have also been sighting for years. And DEC passes them off as mistaken identity.

I've spent my life roaming the woods in the Adirondacks. I've seen tracks twice that can only be a cougar. Wayyyy too big for bobcat, and no claws, so it's not a bear. Both times on snow when bears are generally denned up anyway.

About a year ago, I had an animal cross the road in front of me. No long snout, solid color, long heavy tail curled at the tip to keep it off the ground. Thick legs. Definitely a cat and far beyond the size of even the biggest housecat I've ever seen. Not an adult, I don't think but a 40lb ish animal.

Not sure why state agencies aren't honest with people about this stuff until caught red handed.

We have mountain lions in Arkansas. No doubt, there are frequent sightings. But, officially, Game and Fish Commission does not recognize them. Reason is, if recognized, they would have to regulate them. That would be pointless and expensive. Personally, I have never seen one in the wild.

Sounds like Penn and NY may have something common. There have been rumors for years that NYS DEC stocked cougars. Of course they deny it. There have also been sighting for years. And DEC passes them off as mistaken identity.

I've spent my life roaming the woods in the Adirondacks. I've seen tracks twice that can only be a cougar. Wayyyy too big for bobcat, and no claws, so it's not a bear. Both times on snow when bears are generally denned up anyway.

About a year ago, I had an animal cross the road in front of me. No long snout, solid color, long heavy tail curled at the tip to keep it off the ground. Thick legs. Definitely a cat and far beyond the size of even the biggest housecat I've ever seen. Not an adult, I don't think but a 40lb ish animal.

Not sure why state agencies aren't honest with people about this stuff until caught red handed.

It's at least partly because once they acknowledge the existence they must spend employee and consultant hours and dollars formulating and implementing management plans.

Before we look too hard at raptors to explain declining small game populations, it's worthwhile to look at habitat changes.

Logging for instance results in a surge of second growth along with food species of plants that die back beneath mature growth. I grew up hunting grouse in the UP. We hunted huge actually massive tracts of hardwood growth. We rarely found birds in mature growth. They were in the secondary growth areas. Same with deer. Secondary growth is their favored brows.

In Iowa the Dept. of Natural Resources does not list the Mountain Lion as a game species, so it has no season & is unregulated. There also is no law protecting them. Therefore, it is not against any law to shoot one year round. We have sightings quite often & one gets shot now an again, but the DNR denies their presence. Most states that don't have a season on them also don't protect them either, so it is not illegal or unethical to shoot them, especially if they present a threat. Rumors float around that the DNR "stocked" them, but I think that is BS. The DNA testing indicates that the lions caught or killed in eastern Nebraska ( actually inside the city limits of Omaha), Iowa & as far south as SW Missouri all came from the Black Hills area of South Dakota. They follow the rivers & streams as they naturally disperse & can travel vast distances. Hunting them in Nebraska is an on & off affair depending on what lawsuit has been filed to stop it, so they are a regulated & protected species. Shooting one, unless you are a Cop without a tag will land you in jail. Iowa and a lot of other states don't regulate them so it's pretty much open season, which suits me just fine.

Back