• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Comparing some 2F and 3F hunting load velocities

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A similar "discovery" was made by author Sherman Bell a few years ago now and was documented as an installment in his "Finding Out for Myself" series in "The Double Gun and Single Shot Journal". He was preparing cartridges for use in a test involving a variety of brands of BP. The discrepancy/difference in weight per unit of volume between loads using Swiss and loads using Goex or Kik were on the same scale as noted
by Herb.

Thanks, Pete. Swiss powder is what got me weighing the volume loads. Now that I have some more Swiss 2F, I'll eventually shoot a series with the Swiss powders similar to the above, as soon as I get done building a couple of Hawkens.

Back