• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Conical bullet for hunting and target.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best conical I've used is the Ultimate 1 from Precision Rifle Bullets. However...today (2/16/15)
Cecil told me they are dropping the whole lead conical line. I thought he was kidding! He said most of the demand is Colorado-related, and it's such a small part of the business that making them is just not worth it. I now have 11 CO elk preference points and 0 bullets.

Turkey Man said:
The best conical I've used is the Ultimate 1 from Precision Rifle Bullets. However...today (2/16/15)
Cecil told me they are dropping the whole lead conical line. I thought he was kidding! He said most of the demand is Colorado-related, and it's such a small part of the business that making them is just not worth it. I now have 11 CO elk preference points and 0 bullets.

You should see if he will sell you the mold

The lead in those bullets is forced into dies under huge psi's at room temperature. Then they're machined to perfect dimensions. I don't think all that equipment would fit into the basement and I'm sure I couldn't afford it anyway!!

You could go to Accurate Molds and see what he can do for you . He's made 3 custom pistol conicals for me and I see versions of REALs and Minies, among many other things.

Turkey Man said:
The lead in those bullets is forced into dies under huge psi's at room temperature. Then they're machined to perfect dimensions. I don't think all that equipment would fit into the basement and I'm sure I couldn't afford it anyway!!

Swaged and machined ....I can see why he quit making them.
The time and expense of making them would be beyond the price point for being competitive.

Back