• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Convert rifle to pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothymattson

32 Cal.
Reaction score
have an old 54 cal renegade I would like to convert to a pistol, any one done this before or have some insight? I think it would be a great project for this coming winter.

Seems to me it would be a terrible loss of a good rifle.
Why not just sell the rifle and use the money to buy a pistol?

I agree. Or another route would be to sell the rifle and build a pistol. That way you can get the features you want. Brass furniture or all blackened furniture, barrel length you want and caliber you want, flint or B&C, shape your handle the way you like it.

I built a hunting pistol a few years back. Of course, it took longer than I thought, but it was a darn nice project and it's one great pistol.

FWIW

Dave

I like Davemuzz's idea of building a pistol. I'm in the process myself. I picked up a deal on a Siler lock at a flea market, and asked my brother to find me a piece of maple suitable, to build a pistol. I would like to build it similar to a TC Patriot, but a tad bit larger to handle at least a 50 caliber. I have a Patriot, and have always liked the saw-handle style stock. I think the maple would handle the recoil much better than the walnut, that was used on the Patriot. I saw a custom built pistol, just yesterday, that looked like a sawed off rifle, but was a total custom build piece. Unique, gun but weird looking, almost toy like. The man said he'd used it to shoot deer, and judging from the number of mounts on the wall, I had no reason to doubt that.

Latest posts

Back