• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! It's good to know something about my parts, and to read how "good shootin'" they are! I'm not browning or bluing the bbl., it's going to get a slathering of Naval Jelly, and go with the greyish, worn look. I don't have the patience right now to polish it out; it already has a mottled appearance, and I kinda like the aged look the jelly imparts. The bore is the 1:66 for sure; real cut rifling, it appears, maybe that's why so many positive comments appeared about the accuracy of them. A happy find!

So, I can get an L&R for this? I probably won't, but it's cool to know they offer one! The thing has double-set triggers, too! Nice to hear they're desirable and collectible, and great quality, too!
Yes, L&R makes a lock specifically for the Mountain Rifle. It’s a great performer. I purchased my gun used and had a lot of issues with the lock. It had been work on by Bubba Inc. That’s why I went with an L&R. My other mountain rifle,the 45 has been flawless for the 4 years I’ve owned it. You should have a lot of shooting with that new lock before it could give you an issue.

Very nice! It's good to know something about my parts, and to read how "good shootin'" they are! I'm not browning or bluing the bbl., it's going to get a slathering of Naval Jelly, and go with the greyish, worn look. I don't have the patience right now to polish it out; it already has a mottled appearance, and I kinda like the aged look the jelly imparts. The bore is the 1:66 for sure; real cut rifling, it appears, maybe that's why so many positive comments appeared about the accuracy of them. A happy find!
Question on application of naval gelly...
How do you use it for your needs.

My mountain rifle collection. All the calibers and some flinters. Also have the corresponding mountin pistols. Several are unfired and unfinished.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240724_235350_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240724_235350_Photos.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
While many of us really prefer the CVA Mountain Rifles that are stamped with the "Made in USA" markings on the barrel, most of the rest of the other parts are made in Spain. Note: the unmarked barrels are likely made by Ardessa in Spain. These are very good barrels and rifles with the Spanish barrels perform with accuracy on target every bit as good as the USA barrels. The treads are going to be metric. This mainly affects the choice of nipples for the percussion rifles as these are 6 x 1.00mm instead of the 1/4-28 threads used in the T/C rifles.
I had a Big Bore mountain rifle but it didn't have a patch box? It was an old one? What gives?

Back