• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mt. Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful wood! The sights are off of a Hawken as noted above. I have found some original sights on eBay from time to time. I have picked up two unloved CVA Mountain rifles. They both are USA guns and both shoot great. One was more unloved than the other, but for the prices I paid, I cannot complain.

MoiuntainMan, where's that thing's saddle? Geez that boar is friggin' big!

Jethro, nice rifle. Keep the broken rod for faux display -- you want one of those brown plastic-ee replacements for that to use practically anyway.

brown plastic-ee replacements

:td: Had one once. Didn't like it.
Had one of those black nylon noodles too. Another :td: .
Hickory is what belongs in the thimbles. :thumbsup:

I have steel range/cleaning rods with brass bore guides for the heavy duty stuff like pulling balls.

I'm sure you have already checked the set screw between the triggers

As a matter of fact I had not. That was the problem. Good call. :thumbsup:

Had to squeeze in a few minutes of tinkering here and there whenever I got the chance in between holiday stuff.

A little adjusting on that screw and now both the triggers and the half-cock work as they are supposed to. I still have a bit of cleaning and fine tuning to do and this rifle will be ready to shoot. :)

Latest posts

Back