• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mt. Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just paid $130 shipped for one. After liberal applications of Kroil and JB Paste I think I may have a fairly decent rifle. The bore was a tad bit rusty which is something the seller flat out lied about. :cursing:

No, you are not the only ones - earlier this year I was on GB, had a few glasses of merlot, and bought a really nice .54 Sharon. That thousand dollar lesson sunk in and I don't log onto GB anymore if I have have had a drop

lol :applause: Well said, have found myself that posting while drinking a good red will loosen the lips and the credit card like nothing else. I too learned the hard way about that one :v

I have a CVA Mountain Rifle in .58 caliber, it shoots great! My wife paid $500 for the rifle, suede "possibles" bag, CVA gun sock, suede sling, 150 .570 round balls, and a CVA starters kit with powder flask, powder measure, short starter, cleaning jag, patches, some cleaning solvent, and some patch lube from T/C.

The bore on this rifle is mirror perfect! Besides it was bought on love.

the solution for you wine drinkers is to find yerselves a quart of good ol' Franklin County VA corn squeezin's. then you'll make wiser decisions . :stir: :rotf:

I cannot comment specifically on the fine spirits you mention, but speaking from experience I assure you Buffalo Trace and the various Woodford varieties of fine bourbon make me anything but wise, especially when I am logged onto any auction site. However say the word and I'll PT you my address, send me a sample and I will let you know the results.

necchi said:
Spill the beans, give us a picture of the pretty wood an make us jealous, :wink:

As soon as I actually have it I'll take some pics and post 'em here. :thumbsup:

Just picked up a .58 at the Pacific Missouri gun show this morning. Kit gun built by an old timer that I have known for years. Bore is mint. Browned barrel. No patch box. Stock finish needs a little work. Used but not abused. Barrel has no model marked on it. Marked CVA and .58 caliber. $350 out the door. A little more than I wanted to pay but the .58 is hard to find. Will try to post some pictures later when I get more time. Guy used to farm and claims he caught a guy trying to steal his combine and took him out with the .58. Interesting story.

Jethro224 said:
necchi said:
Spill the beans, give us a picture of the pretty wood an make us jealous, :wink:

As soon as I actually have it I'll take some pics and post 'em here. :thumbsup:
Haven't you got that rifle yet amigo? You remember when I shot a hog with mine and Claude photoshopped the picture to make the rifle look tiny? :haha: I need to try and find that again.

The last time i had those kinda spirits Bubba, i was at a neighbors cabin in West Jefferson N.C.. was only 500 yards or so down a trail from our own hunt camp and somehow i got turned around in the dark trying to stumble my way back. I didn't really care much at the time but the sun was about to come up by the time i crawled to our cabin. Yeah..i'd do it again :thumbsup:

Nope, don't have it yet, expecting it soon tho.
Holiday shipping. :surrender:

I do remember that giant hog you shot with that tiny little rifle.
That was a great picture. :haha:

Mountainman56's giant hog and tiny rifle.

BoarWorkingCopy.jpg

:rotf: That's it! I still have the original pic but I forgot how good it looked after Claude finished with it. That was the first critter I ever shot with my mountain rifle.

Holy Cannoli, Batman...that's a lot of bacon your rifle is holding down! Pickled pig's feet for Christmas! :rotf:

Merry Christmas! Santa came for me!
Got my Mt. Rifle in the mail today. Here are some pictures.

Yeah, the ramrod didn't survive shipping. :cursing:

Here's a better look at the wood.

It's got the "Made in USA" barrel. Serial number 0037***

Fancy pipes. Browned trigger guard and butt plate. Pewter nose cap. German silver 4-screw patchbox and escutions. (or however that's spelled.)

There are some handling marks on the stock. Nothing serious.
What looks like wrench scratches on the lock face around the drum kinda makes me nervous.
Half-cock only works sometimes and the set trigger doesn't set. I probably need to shim the triggers.
The factory sights are hideous and will be changed out soon.
The bore appears to be in very good condition but it is loaded. Either that or there's something stuffed down there. I'll fish around with a puller later and see what comes up.
All in all I'm pretty happy with it ...so long as I don't find a serious problem with the drum.

Latest posts

Back