• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Daughter's first deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hall

69 Cal.
Reaction score
She is 23 and has been hunting with muzzleloaders since she was 14, but this is her first kill. She got this nice mulie Oct. 19 at a distance of about 20 yards with a .54 rb and 80 grains of ffg. The deer was facing straight at us and she shot him in the front of the chest. The ball missed the heart but took out one lung and then exited out his side by his liver. He ran about 80 yards up a steep hill and then fell over. You just can't put a price on the smile that was on my daughter's face when we walked up to the dead deer. I am so proud of that kid, she is the apple of my eye. I hope I can figure out how to post the pic. Bill
S5030214.jpg

THAT'S the way to end a dry spell! :thumbsup: I was wondering if that's a CVA Big Bore since it looks so much like mine. Show THAT pic to the clowns who swear a round ball is a loser.

-Ray

Give that lady a hug!! Good hunt. Right decent rack on that little mulie too. Where were you hunting? I used to live and hunt by Las Vegas, now am out in the grasslands by Black Jack Ketchums final resting place.

Congratulations on a great hunt. Your pride just SHINES through in your message. It is truly wonderful that you share the hunt with your Daughter. It says a lot for you. Excellant!
Idaho PRB

Back