• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Daughter's first deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to you & your daughter. :thumbsup: :hatsoff: That is a very nice buck she done well :applause:

Simon, that's a little rifle I built for her out of some old parts I had lying around. My daughter is only 5'2", so the goal was to make a small, light rifle that would use a round ball and still be powerful enough to kill big game. The barrel is cut down to 26" and the underrib is only about 2" long to cut down on weight. Not completely traditional, but it's light and shoots rb's. I used it a couple of years ago to kill a cow elk and it's just a dream to carry all day. Bill

snowdragon,
I know you must be proud!!!!I can still remember
my sons first buck with a bow and that was 20 years ago. It was a small 6point,and I can still remember the look on his face when we tracked it down.
Congratulations to you and your daughter :thumbsup:
snake-eyes:applause:

Good going to both daughter and dad. One for being a hunter and a good shot and one for being a dad that showed her how to enjoy the outdoors. A lifetime of memories for both of you.

Congratulations,to both of you! It is a gorgeous deer! We need more young ladies like your daughter out there hunting. My daughter wants to turkey hunt.You have done a great job passing on the shooting and hunting traditions.Best regards,J.A.

Very nice animal, taken with pride with the masterfull skill of the old ways,congrats and I know there will be many more days like that for the both of you.

Back