• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dbl. Barrel Flint Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave K

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Fred Lipp was making parts for these guns and the email address that I have for him doesn't work. Anyone know if he is still doing this? If so, how do I reach him?

I would suggest you pick up a copy of Brockway Double Barrel Muzzleloading Shotgun book, it has all the information you need to build every part of one of these shotguns except the barrel which you would salvage from a damascus cartridge shotgun. Dixie used to sell some parts for building these guns, and the Rifle Shoppe still carries them though with a very long wait.

Got the book, barrels and wood. Looking for the furniture. Fred used to make and sell it around 2002, but the email address I have bounces. Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't be surpised if he was the one who made the furniture Dixie sold. I made the furniture once for a single barrel shotgun using Brockway's book as a guide. The buttplate was the most interesting, but it turned out nicely.

Dave K said:
Fred Lipp was making parts for these guns and the email address that I have for him doesn't work. Anyone know if he is still doing this? If so, how do I reach him?

If you're still looking, I can put you in touch with him. Please send me a private message if you'd like me to.

I did find out that Fred Lipp has retired from doing this, but his partener Chuck Lindsey is still doing it. I did have Chuck build me a gun since my last post on this.Does very nice work and very good to work with.

Dave K said:
I did find out that Fred Lipp has retired from doing this, but his partener Chuck Lindsey is still doing it. I did have Chuck build me a gun since my last post on this.Does very nice work and very good to work with.

Glad it worked out for you. I didn't really know Fred was retired, but I shot with Fred and his son several weeks ago. I work with his son.

Back