• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer Creek Hawken Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSC00113_zpscfc75db8.jpg
[/URL][/img]
This is a Deer Creek kit but I re-shaped the lock area and nose cap to more closely depict a Hawken pistol. The finish is Tru-Oil.

Basically, it's the old CVA "Mountain Pistol". Do they still have the belt hook? Wonder how many thousands of those were carried and used over the years? Nice job, by the way! :thumbsup:

Here is the Hawken rifle to go with the 50cal pistol. It is also a 50, with Long lock, Sharon barrel, pigeon egg maple stock, built by me many years ago, following an example shown in an old Muzzle Blasts magazine. The example was an early percussion version.

Nice job. Just my 2c, but I'd look to eventually replace the hammer with one that is more in the style of a Hawken, or even a Leman or H. Deringer.

Nice rifle, but what in the heck is pigeon egg Maple? I've heard of tiger, quilted, birds eye, flame, but never pigeon egg! :)

Bill

Well, my son has completed his pistol and having seen it up close and personal I decided I needed one too. I just may sell my kentucky :idunno: Deer Creek still has them in both percussion and flintlock. They call them the "American Pistol" Dixie sells it under the name "Deer Creek Hawken Pistol" Dixie is about $30 higher than Deer Creek.

Latest posts

Back