• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer hunting great plains muzzleloaderloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenaciousv

Pilgrim
Reaction score
So i get a call on the phone it is my dad. He out back in the blind deer hunting with his 54 cal great plains muzzleloader. He got a shot but the gun failed to shoot 3 times before it went off, an third time it fired but i shot high. (Im preaty sure he said). So i checked found no sign of a hit so i go back to blind an were talking about it all an there stands a doe at like 80 yards out he hands me his muzzleloader an she headed right at us so i wait till about she is 40 yards out an in clear an put her right down then theres another deer pops out right behind her an 2 standing like 8 yards in front of us after i shot we scared them off being excited about what just happend lol was fun all in all i got my first deer with 54 cal great plains muzzleloader. i had a tag for this season but was sitting at house while dad was hunting an i got the deer anyhow we had good time

Back