• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Diamondback Powder..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No fear 1911, I did the same thing a couple years ago and Graf's made me a believer of the Wano powder. :thumbsup: Except for some Swiss still on hand, Graf powder is what my guns get a steady diet of.

Swampy,
Ageed,I have used Grafs and liked it just a tad less than Goex. With the very little,if any
price difference,I will stay with Goex.Two reasons as far as I know!

#1 American made

#2 I can still buy it locally

snake-eyes :hmm:

I only have experience with kik and shuetzen,By far the kik was cleaner and i noticed that the 3f was finer than the shuetzen's 3f so i just stayed with kik. It was imported by goex i think at some time or still is not sure.

Lead Slinger said:
Thanks a heap for the info. But, as usual, the Missus got the last word in! She has stated" Your gonna buy the cheaper Powder , then your gonna whine and say you shoulda bought Goex!" Does that fine Lady know me or what. Might as well stick with the best....

Sounds like you got a good one. Wife that is.

KIK is all I use now I prefer it over goex, I used 3f elephant powder back in my skirmisher days and won several medals with it, though it was weaker and I swabbed the bore between rounds,and lets face it I was just that good :wink: now I'm just good and blind.

The following report about Diamondback powder was written to me in a personal message:

...i shot about 72 rounds form 2 1858 rem revolvers using the black diamond power purchased from POWDER,INC.
no miss fires & had consistent accuracy at 25yds.
very little fouling around the forcing cone, i swabbed the bore after each six rounds with a brush dipped in hoppes #9. 20grains fffg #10 cci caps. ball seated against the powder or seated flush with front of cylinder. clean up was easy. i like this powder.

Lead Slinger said:
Thanks a heap for the info. But, as usual, the Missus got the last word in! She has stated" Your gonna buy the cheaper Powder , then your gonna whine and say you shoulda bought Goex!" Does that fine Lady know me or what. Might as well stick with the best....

That's a good woman you got there.

I've been using Graf's powder for a few years now and I really like it. I thought about Diamondback, and emailed powderinc about it. They said they had tested a bit of it, and that they got lower velocity with it than others but it worked fine. In the end I ordered more from Graf.

Latest posts

Back