• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Disability or Ability?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade Dan

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I failed to mention this in my Jaeger range report. My 20 year old son Travis shot my flintlock for his first time, here is his target. this was at 25 yards.
DSC00220.jpg

My son Travis has Autism and one of his favorite things to do is going to the range and shooting guns. I would like to say all too often we focus on kids/Adults with special needs on their disabilities and not their abilities, my son has the ability to shoot. He peppered this target with his 22 at 50 yards with open sights. This year will be his first for Hunting and I believe he's more than ready :thumbsup: I also believe he is a better shot than his old man.

Your eyes are just older is all.. My son is a hell of a shot but never could bring himself to shooting a Deer? He just couldnt kill one, but he fishes his butt off. Now he is a Marine.. Your boy is ready :thumbsup:

great going! I think we often fail to "accentuate the positive" so the song goes. I,ve only had a few instances working with young folks like him , I am always pleased with the progress they show in activitys they like.

Hope you both do well hunting and keep us posted.

:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Dan I meant that message for you I just hit an incorrect reply key.

Regards,
Squire

It is good that you can see what he can do rather than focusing on what he cann't do. We all have our limitations but doing what we can do is better than complaining about what we cann't do. :hmm: Your son can accomplish a lot if you continue to support him. I am sure he will make you proud as he continues to expand his accomplishments. :bow:

nice shooting! wasn't there a saying, something to the order of 'take you kid hunting and you won't have to go hunting for your kid?'

i tried, but the girls weren't interested- one wanted to build stuff and the other discovered boys.

Back