• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Discontinued..Hoppe's 9 plus

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:haha:
And that's the same reason I think people buy commercial BP patch lube and cleaning products, and it's even better if they can buy in bulk through the mail,,

I too have gravitated to using it as a patch lube and find it to my liking! No longer having to clean between shots while at the range is well worth the price. Just wish they would come out with a candle fragrance of Hoppes#9...my wife actually likes the aroma as well! :wink:

hanshi said:
I started using Hoppes #9 BP lube when it was the old formula. Last I bought was a 2 gallon drum of the "new" formula lube. So far it's the best patch lube I've run across. But in the woods I start off with NL1000.
NL1000 is all I use for hunting here.
Then for cold weather range trips, just open a bag of precut/prelubed patches, squeeze a few squirts of Hoppes on them to get them wet, and just shoot.
I figure it might add every bit of .15 or .20 cents to the cost of a range trip.
:wink:

SDSmlf -
You gave me the best laugh of the day. Hoppe's Air Freshener - I have to get some! That's Great!

Anyone know if Bore Tech's Black Powder solvent is any good? Brownell's doesn't have the Hoppes version and I need to order some things from them.

Medic302 said:
if i remember right, the active ingredient in hoppes 9+ was kerosene.

Probably still is. The neutered Hoppes formula no longer contains Benzene - that's the stuff tht gave Hoppes it's actual charming and tangy smell.

Try searching for "Natural Lube 1000" - you will get plenty of hits. It is a Thompson Center product that I have yet to try.

Rifleman1776 said:
OK......wat is NL1000?? :confused:
Google only gives me returns on a poker game, pedometer and some sort of balloning over water. :shocked2:
OxYoke makes a natural lube they sell under the name of Wondelube 1000.
By contract with OxYoke, T/C also sells wonderlube but sells it under the name of Natural Lube 1000...normally abbreviated as NL1000

The label on every bottle of Hoppes PLUS BP I've owned during the past 20 years shows that it contains Kerosene

I have been and am currently using this product... It seams to clear the fouling and provide considerable lubrication for more consistent shooting scenarios..don't understand why this would be a discontinued product.

Back