• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do You Use Wads For Hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any possibility you could remember the company's name or maybe website? $10 ain't bad and I might even try .45 wads in my .40.

hanshi said:
I punch out plenty of .50 wads but never thought of using them in my .45. I'll try that next time out. Thanks.
I use the thumb & forefinger on each hand to temporarily compress it an eyelash smaller so I can start it into the muzzle fairly flat, then seat it on down

I use cushion wads with prb's in smoothbores. I've been told that the wad gives a little and allows the ball to sink into it just a bit, which helps to keep it centered as it moves up the bore.

I can't say for sure, but that makes sense to me. I do find it works well for me.

I use them with shot in most of my smoothbores, too.

:hatsoff:
Spot

I always put a wad of wasp nest or dry patch over powder so lube will not deaden some of the powder I use wonder lube of renderd bare fat for my patches

Latest posts

Back