• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Double Barrel Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 2 one is a BP and the other a cartradge
knight.gif

I also have one lefty sxs muzzle loader and have used a couple of BP cartridge guns in the same configuration, more choke on the right and fired from the front trigger.
I tend to carry ML at half cock and untill this lefty always cocked and fired right barrel first, and with an instinctive action cock left barrel if needed.
The lefty I have started to use the other way round cause of the choke and initially thought it was a pain. But am starting to favor this setup cause of the easy action to cock the right barrel for a second shot.

I've been into firearms all by life, shooting them, looking at them, reading about them, but I sure never seen one of those "left handed doubles". Has anyone? :hmm:

CJ,
I had a left hand sxs years ago. A 12g perc circa 1860 or so with a cast-on and front trigger on the left. Over the years, I've had several cheap cartridge sxs's pass through my hands and a few of then have had the front trigger on the left. Whether they were sold new that way or not I don't know. On guns with a straight stock and a straight rear trigger, the triggers can be switched if one preferes a left handed configuration. However, it's been my experience that most sxs's have a cast-off and often the rear trigger is curved in behind the front one slightly. They can still be made into lefty's but would require the stock being bent either straight or with a cast-on and the rear trigger would need to be twisted either straight or to curve the other way. I always thought swapping the triggers around was a common practice???

heheh stupid thing just does that now and then , dirtiest animal this side of hell :crackup: LMAO

cody
while you can switch the triggers on a strait stock you cant change the side of lesser choke . A true left hand purpose built gun I would believe should have the lesser barrel on the left side or do I have that backward ???? Hell I don

cody
while you can switch the triggers on a strait stock you cant change the side of lesser choke . A true left hand purpose built gun I would believe should have the lesser barrel on the left side

Captchee,
Good point. On guns that are F/F or mod/mod or cyl/cyl you could configure the triggers however you like but, like you say, haveing a full choke on the barrel intended to be fired first and a modified on the second just don't make sence

RE: left hand double trigger arrangement

saw one advertised in a magazine, but it was several thousands of dollars, a little steep to buy and experiment with...
The trigger/barrel arrangement was explained just as shown above...

rayb

Latest posts

Back