• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dropped my woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back when I ordered my .54 caliber woodsrunner, I wanted a Cherry stock with some burl in it. They couldn’t find me one and after a couple of months I decided to go with a standard cherry with insist carving.
Bree with Kibler’s sent me a message a couple of weeks ago and said they had found a Cherry burl piece of wood and wanted to know If I still wanted it.

I jumped on it and swapped all the hardware off the old stock and put it on the new one.

It did not take me long to decide that I needed to order another barrel for the carved stock as I didn’t own a .50 caliber.

I was just getting started fitting the new brass to the old stock when it slipped through my hands and I didn’t have the butt plate on it yet.
It splintered off a big chunk on one corner. It was about an 1/8
“ deep so there was no toe plates wide enough or thick enough.
I finally found a piece of brass shim stock and it took me all afternoon but I got my mistake covered up.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpeg
    IMG_1022.jpeg
    3 MB
I think you did well enough and your improvisation looks nice and works. You can always in future make a more decorative toe plate to replace this one and extend inletting accordingly if you choose to do so.

Back