• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Duglas Barrel ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in DC area for a few days spending the holidays with my daughter and her husband and my grandson, whom I am going to be building a piece with this very same barrel.
I think it will make him a fine piece to start out with.
Thanks again for everyone help.
And i'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas

Woody

I have a southern rifle with a .36 cal Douglas barrel and I have no worries about shooting it or letting my kids shoot it. It is a great barrel and has the slickest bore I've ever shot. I can get more shots shots between wipes than my other gun with a currently available barrel on it.

I am in DC area for the holiday with my daughter and her husband and my grandson whom I will be building this piece for, and will get back home monday. I will check the rate of twist then, as describe above.
Also while I was here and had the time I stop by
Wayne Dunlaps and bought a full length grade 7 curley soft maple blank for the stock. He showed me 1 gun he had made and 2 he made himself, He is one he!! of artsian in his own right. He had several stock blanks on hand but the fancy grade were going real fast. Glad i got one before he sold them all.
Thanks again everyone for the info and Happy Hoildays to all of you.
Woody

Latest posts

Back