• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Durafelt 1/8" hard 36X54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ORam..Is there a shelf life on that lube? will it go rancid?....Thanks it sounds easy enough....Dan

It doesn't go rancid in three years. If the lard wasn't rancid to start. I make a new batch about every thee years or so and have never had a problem.

I bought some felt several years ago and I think that it was the same brand.I ordered scraps and they were considerably cheaper.Ripshod

well, i did do the arithmatic, as you recommended, and you're right- it is a good bargian... i went to their web site, and they had a bunch of scraps which were way cheaper than a whole piece, so i bought some 1/8 inch hard (which will actuall compress to 1/8 if you really lean on it).

great folks- very accomodating, and they shipped it out right away.

make good smoke!

20 years ago, I bought several hundred pounds of splits from a tannery. uneven leveling splits were 5 cents a pound and even splits were 30 cents a pound. The uneven splits were sometimes 1/2 inch thick. That thickness makes great wads for my 1.5 inch cannon.

randy p said:
I bought some felt several years ago and I think that it was the same brand.I ordered scraps and they were considerably cheaper.Ripshod
Randy, you beat me to post about roll end scrap Durafelt. I got some a couple of years ago and I think it was less than $10 shipped for a large amount. Look on their website to see their prices on roll ends.

paulvallandigham said:
You might want to compare the price on this large sheet of Durafelt to what it costs for a roll of the same product sold as "Weather stripping", for sealing doors and windows. Particularly at the end of the heating season, the large discount stores will often put it on sale, just so they don't have to store it over the summer.
Paul, I don't know if it was Durafelt brand, but I burned a small piece of weather stripping felt a while back and there was definitely other "junk" in it, smelled like tar or pitch and black smoke. Check it out before spending your time punching and lubing wads!

Back