• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastern Primitive Rendezvous '06 (EPR)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maestro, nice pics! thanks! glad all went well, wanted to go but 14 hrs. just to dang far! really nice spot ain't it? was there 1st time it was there.. gee didn't see any deer didja?? thanks again for the pics! :thumbsup: RC

Nice pictures. I was there for the first weekend. I was camped with the tipis about 3/4 of the way through camp. It was nice to see folks I have not seen in years. This is the 4th time for this site.

I was there the first Sat. Great site and event. Had a good time and got too many parts.

Those are great photos. My wife, Sandy, and I were there for the whole shebang - 10 days - did early setup on thursday - left after closing ceremonies on Saturday - with wet canvas - yuck!!! It was interesting getting out with all the rain and mud! We got home last night. We had a great time!!! We went to the Wednesday singing and dessert at Parson Jim's camp - wow the singing was great and those cakes were very good. We were camped next to the shooting range and all of our neighbors were wonderful folks! We enjoyed our new wood stove also. I gave Parson Jim and one of his friends an archery lesson - he is now hitting the mark with proficiency! Sandy took a hat making class and also made a couple desserts in the Dutch Oven during the week. We went to Honest Joe's Dutch Oven Seminar and picked up some good tips. I really enjoyed Jim Moss's seminar on Kentucky history! The Highland games were fun - got to wear my new kilt. Got to see lots of old friends and made some new ones. We both had some good plunder hunting on blankets and in sutlers shops. Can't wait for next years EPR. Gene

Nice photos. We got in Thursday AM, set up across the creek which had me nervous due to the weather forecast, this site can get to the point of "Tow-in/Tow-out" pretty quickly, but it seems as though the rain would break up enough every day or so to provide for runoff.

Got to spend a lot of time around the camp staying dry, and visiting for long spells under other folks' canvas doing the same. One of our club members is running the NEPR next year up here in NY, so a lot of ground was covered with lining up staff help, and meetings with the Foundation on business matters, for our camp, but we still managed to see a lot of folks and visit with old friends. The ony purchases were some iron hooks from Blacksmoke and a new shirt from Becky, who makes a nice shirt at a fair price for us gentlemen of stature (fat guys) up to 5X. Lusted after a Western Carolina rifle that a fellow had a few camps down from us that was a fine piece and fairly priced, but maybe next year......good thing most of the traders don't have layaway plans or we'd be making payments!

Pulled out Tuesday with dry canvas and headed back to the world. Next year is at Muddy Run, which I really like a lot, I have been going to the Lancaster County spring shoot there and when the EPR has been there as well. I really like the site, lots of wooded ground, and it takes a lot of rain to mess it up, plus the folks around there always run a fine event. '08 is going to Ohio, I understand that it is going to be where the parking area was for last years' ONWTPR. I hope so! We went to the ONW and the first thought we had was why wasn't the rendezvous in the parking lot, because the renz site was pretty bad. Old mobile homes right along the camp, a small auto graveyard adjoining the archery range, and a great view of more fully and semi- dismantled house trailers along the not very distant skyline with yard lights thay kept the camp illuminated all night. I guess that the Booshway inherited the event and the site at the last minute from the elected Chief who pulled out, and to his credit did a pretty good job of putting on a good rendezvous despite the problems.

Hope to see you all next season, I will be posting about the "What About Joey" Rendezvous we have here in the Genesee Valley, and for the NEPR, or at N. Lanc, etc.
Winter well.

Bill
President, Little Beard Club

Latest posts

Back