• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elk antler cut-offs? Anyone???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabrielguitars

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am really trying to find one or two pieces of elk antler (straight-ish pieces), maybe 5 inches long or so, to try and make fancy powder flasks. Can anyone help me? I could also use some similar sized (maybe a little longer) thick deer antler pieces for priming horns. We could work something out, like I could make one for you . . .

check out Moscow Hide and Fur www.hideandfur.com
they sell whole antler sets as well as beam sections and tines in various sizes - they have elk, mule deer, whitetail, and moose...

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, once I got around to setting up my order from Moscow Hides, I get a nice little message that tells me they won't bother doing the export paperwork for anything under $5000 . . . Nice!

Didn't notice you were in Canada sorry about that - the CITES law will rear it's head wth any imports so I would recommend two sources:
1) Taxidermists - there should be several in you're area
20 Custom knifemakers should be able to steer you to a source in Canada - George Tichbourne is one http://www.tichbourneknives.com/ - give George a call and see if he can't help with a source.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are in Canada. You can get some cool CITES legal stuff that we can't import into the US like native harvested walrus and narwhal tusk!!!!

GG, I have a couple of pics I can send you of elk antler powder horns which I own. I don't know how to install them on this topic, so send me your email address and I'll send them to you.
I'm too old and stupid to run one of these. :rotf: :shake: :confused:

Maybe you should sneak into elk island park and go shed hunting. Right time of year for it. :wink:

You know, I've seen bison, whitetail, mule deer, moose, and even a ringneck pheasant in that park, but never any elk! Besides, sneaking sounds so, . . . dirty. I like! :nono: :shocked2:

Back