• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

explosion at Powder Inc

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this have any effect on delivery of powder? I didn't know they were making powder, thought they were just selling it. Anyone know what caused it??

The website says the accident will cause a temporary slow down. I am sure having the Feds show up disrupts everything.
It was obviously some failure to follow safety precautions or some mechanical failure. This is the usual cause of such things. That it was contained and the whole place did not go up means that there was not a lot of loose powder about.
Powder in cases and containers is actually pretty safe unless there is a fire. If one pound container in a case is ignited only a few of the others will ignite, not the whole case according to testing done by fusing a center "bottle" in the case to see what occurred.

Dan

I didn't know they were making powder, thought they were just selling it.

Same here. There were numerous errors in the first news reports. Methinks that report they were manufacturing was from some unchecked gossip and rumors at the scene. I'll try to contact some people I know who know them personally to get the 'correct' information and update on the sons condition.

Dan Phariss said:
I am sure having the Feds show up disrupts everything.
It was obviously some failure to follow safety precautions or some mechanical failure. This is the usual cause of such things. That it was contained and the whole place did not go up means that there was not a lot of loose powder about.
Powder in cases and containers is actually pretty safe unless there is a fire.
Dan

It was in the ammo loading building which is separate from the magazine and main office etc. As I understand it the ATF has determined it was a primer set off in the automatic loading machine was apparently the cause of the flash fire. Which according the way the machine was built was not supposed to happen but it did.
They'll be open Monday to continue taking and shipping powder orders, it will take some time to put the roof back on the new building and get the ammo plant back up to snuff.

I've had a CF primer pinch and pop in a progressive loading press before. It will tighten up your sphincter. Sparks didn't reach the powder drop....guess I was lucky.

Prayers for the whole family. J.D.

I don't think they were making powder but rather making something with powder, like blank cartridges for example or something else along that line. MD

Latest posts

Back