• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Felt source? Over powder wads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for my revolver wads a I got a roll of grey felt 1/4 thickness. It is not pure wool but a blend and soaked with bp lube I have not had any issue with the wad melting and leaving anything in the barrel or smoldering down range. that is true even in my carbine barrels.

As cheap as these are no sense in making your own.
Doc,View attachment 122082View attachment 122083
I think were on the same page, I never did get into black powder to save money because I'll guarantee you I sure haven't. I very much agree that some things aren't worth making when something is made that good that does the job. All the years I hand loaded the unmentionables, it surely wasn't for the money I saved because there wasn't any. That cheap meat that I got from hunting sometimes was $10 a pound and my wife got a deer that figured out $54 a pound. When I considered that a Whitetail doe would dress out about 25 to 27 pounds of pure meat and I had $25 worth of tags before I ever left home, a tank of fuel and I guess you know the rest of what it takes, you know what I'm talking about. People think meat is high right now over-the-counter. Let me warn you, don't compute what your fish is costing per pound down at that little lake. It at least that you know where your money is going and that you're supporting good causes for items made in the United States.
Squint

If you get cheap and do not buy from traditional stores, they will be gone and you will be the ones who caused it.

And you complain that Cabelas has too much inline stuff!

Think about that for awhile.

Latest posts

Back