• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
This Bucks County LR was started over a year and a half ago and somehow took this long to complete...mainly because of no motivation caused by my poor eyesight.

Started another BC contrary to my wife's advice and others...but, "not a build" in the shop isn't one of my options.

It's not one of my younger, stellar {my rating which might not be correct} efforts....although it would definitely be "running w/ the pack". Judge for your self and post your opinions....either pro or con would be appreciated.....Thanks....Fred

It is beautiful. I see no faults. Be very proud.

I especially like how you rounded the relief carving and made it look like a smooth contour. I can not imagine the time needed to make it look so perfect. Your engraving and inletting are all first rate. :bow:

Thanks to all for the kind remarks. The engraving was done by a long time friend, Tim Adlam of Oshkosh, WI.....Fred

Fred they are lying to you so your feelings don't get hurt.

You shouldn't have to be burdened with a horrible rifle such as that.

So on that note, I will offer to remove it from your possession "free of charge" :rotf:

I've been trying to come up with a word or two that hasn't already been used to describe your work. I just can't do it without sounding repetitious. I'll have to resort to the tried and true "Beautiful!!!". :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again. The pics are so-so because of trying to attain the actual color....it's amazing how different lighting changes what color the camera sees. Trying to get decent pics is sometimes harder than building.

This BC has a Rice .50 cal. "B" weight X46" bbl....these bbls enable one to make a fairly light, well balanced LR. The balance point is at the entry pipe finial and the rear sight is just forward of the hand.

Just thought I'd show some pics of a LR that at times became a "chore"....first one that did so. Below is a pic taken outside that oddly enough has the correct color.....Fred

Your eyes may be failing, but certainly not your skill. That is a super fine piece of work!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Great stuff as usual Fred. You've got a style that has lots of personality. Thanks for posting the pictures. :thumbsup:

I really enjoy looking at your work Fred. I can
learn from you.
Wulf

Thanks to all for your remarks.....I'm not really posting pics for the accolades, but am trying to determine just what lighting produces the actual colors. But, again thanks to all for the kind words.

The overall view of this LR is pictured below and excuse the "intrusion" of my feet and the chair I was standing on. The background is our deck in the back of the house....this shot was in the shade......Fred

Fred: Your carving is not to "School" but it works - beautifully. I really like your lock choice. The fat lock plate matches the originals nicely. You really understand the proportions and slenderness of these guns. Keep making 'em.

Thanks Eric. The "new" one has the bbl pinned and the tang and lockplate are inletted and am now working on the cold forged trigger and trigger plate. It's slowly getting done.

As was said....will try to do justice to the fleur-de-lis carved features on this "new" one.

Your photos have been invaluable in building these BC LRs. Thanks again....Fred

Some good advise! Stop being so hard on yourself, your work is beautiful and I would be proud of it. Its a fine representation of your work and ideas put into wood and steel. You must not be so hard on yourself. I can't see either!

Beaver T.

Back