• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

finally got pics of my new .50 rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kobrakommander

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok, I purchased this from TOTW a few weeks ago and have yet to take pics of it so here are the pics.
What I know from TOTW is it was made in the style of J.P. Beck and has a .50 Rice swamped barrel and a L&R classic lock. Has round bottom grooves in the barrel and a somewhat rough texture on the rust browned barrel.
riflefull_zps2c18a191.jpeg

I have no idea what I did wrong.. lets see if I can fix it.
something is screwy because I did it right and it isn't working.

I'm not sure which way you posted the link but the way I do it is to select the IMG option to copy the pictures location into my computers temporary memory. I then just "paste" the address into my post.

Beautiful rifle; congratulations on your purchase. Let us know how it shoots.

Hanshi, I have shot a 54 cal flintlock rifle (Lancaster School) for the past 30 years. Yet, I notice that under my description, it shows me shooting a 32 cal. I think that must be the default. I noticed that your description shows you shooting a 75 cal. How do I edit that to show what I actually shoot? Thanks for any help you can provide.

George

George -- that's your ranking or somesuch. As you post more it goes up...

Alden, thanks for the information. I guess my concern was all for naught.

George

Thanks, I made the stand,bag,horn,and bead work.
The hawk was from TOTW and I built it and finished the handle and burned the striping into it.

That is a sweet-looking rifle! Love swamp barrels, they balance so well in .50s and .54s, and are nice to carry in the woods. Nice rococo on the stock and the vent pick holder is a nice feature on a hunting rifle, IMHO. Enjoy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good deal! I have a 711 year old grandmother that lives in Fayetteville Georgia. And thanks to all for the compliments on my handy work. :grin:

1-4 posts Pilgrim
5-49 posts 32 cal
50-99 posts 36 cal
100-499 posts 40 cal
500-999 posts 45 cal
1000-1499 posts 50 cal
1500-1999 posts 54 cal
2000-2999 posts 58 cal
3000-??? 62 cal

I'm not sure where all the breakpoints are after this, but once you max it out you get a Cannon ranking

Back