• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First blood for new Tennessee rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootemup

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Okay, so it's a tiny doe. Be good eatin' though. :grin:

NewTennesseefirstdeer.jpg

I love early muzzleloading season.

Spot

Two pieces of bread and you will have a sandwich..HAHA
Nice Doe, congrats....

Aim small, mis small

If the ears were any longer, I'd say you shot one of our jackrabbits. :rotf:

Congrats to you. Was that a head shot? Bill

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the size of the doe. I never could get one to hold still long enough to weigh them before I shot. :haha:

i shot one like that last year, took a good ribbing from my brothers but hey i got meat and they got fresh air :grin: congrats!

Nice deer, those are the ones I pick to shoot, I've killed lots that size and the lord willing I will kill lots more. Who eats mutton when they can have lamb? Chris

Hi Bull,

The rifle is a TVM Tennessee Poor Boy in 40 caliber. I use 65 grains of 3f Goex under a .395 roundball in a lubricated .015 cotton patch.

I was sitting on a fallen log in a little stand of oaks, and I'd been watching deer for an hour or so before I finally got the shot. I have to be pretty careful about shot selection with this caliber rifle, so I've spent some time "watching wildlife" this week. :grin:

I'm really enjoying the week, kinda gettin' a hankering to go after some of these squirrels I've been seeing. I'm thinking that spot is buggered up for deer right now anyway, so maybe I'll take a morning out to chase some limb bacon.

BTW, snowdragon asked if this was a head shot. It wasn't, but she rolled around for a few seconds while I was reloading. She actually went about twenty yards after the shot.

:hatsoff:
Spot

I agree wholeheartedly. For those who ribbed you, see how many turn down a free venison dinner.
I've gotten older, and that's the size that I can drag out (by myself) without risking a heart attack.

Vern

Right Vern. I'm a ribber, but I sure wouldn't say no to eating some off that! :surrender: :thumbsup: Bill

Great job! Like its been said many times before, "Why shoot poor bull when ye can eat fat cow!" Antler stew don't taste to good. I'm Jealous, In New Mexico we can't shoot does. I would shoot does and cow elk over bucks and bulls any day of the week!!

Once again, Great Job!!
:hatsoff:

Nice Deer, size is only part of the equation, I have taken many that size and they are good eating and make great Sausage/Salami, congrats on the hunt I hope you are somewhere that you have other tags as well, we are usually stuck with only one here in Oregon, I missed my ML draw so I have a forkhorn or better general Deer Season tag good thru Nov. 5th. I can use my ML which is cool.....guess I better get started pretty soon. :hmm:

Back